MALE SUIT

Posted By info_17_76 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
info_17_76
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thank you for the clarification.
This is what i currently have:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6a061fec-fcf5-44f1-9e49-0e14.png
So to make it work, am i right in saying that i need to bring in my DAZ 3D Character into iclone 7 with suit, using the transformer button and then after adding animations export to Unreal Engine as FBX? 
I'm getting confused because i already have purchased the CC3 Pipeline extension.

Sorry for needing to have this spelt out for me.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
That's okay.  You have CC3 Pipeline.  If you open up CC3, you'll see the "Transformer" button off to the upper left.

All you need do is download Daz (it's free) and then you'll also get some free Daz content to try it out with.  You'll need to put a Daz avatar in your scene (can be Genesis 1, 2, 3, or 8 -- those are ALL the Genesis models, just so you aren't confused -- or Victoria 4 or Mike 4) and then, if you want, put any clothing on them.  Then export as FBX (all kinds of videos, including mine, showing the settings) and import using that Transformer button.  Once inside of CC3 you select the clothing and save it into your content library, where you can now use it on ANY CC3 avatar (or even use those Daz avatars, which are now converted into CC3).

You won't need anything else to export, since there is no "export licence" process with Daz converted figures or clothing.  Just let us know any problems and we'll help.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
info_17_76
info_17_76
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)Veteran Member (594 reputation)

Thanks a lot.
I already have DAZ studio so i will try this now and come back to you.

thank you
info_17_76
info_17_76
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Hi Mike

I've just tried this but still having an issue importing to CC3.
This is what happens:
I use genesis 8 basic male and add a suit to the the character. then following your export settings(from your YouTube video) i export FBX and use the Transform button to bring into CC3. I get this error:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2b1ce846-ebd5-4260-b50e-33a3.png

I have added the T Pose and followed this video if i get the above error message from CC3
Still after copying the suggested fix, it won't import?
Any ideas?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a98f8153-d44a-4e08-a364-3e1c.png

dante1st
dante1st
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

That looks awesome, you recreated Bruce Wayne from Injustice 2.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My iClone short films: https://www.youtube.com/iClone316

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Usually getting that "incompatible profile" error with a standard Genesis figure with clothing means that clothing has hidden some part of the mesh.  I also have a video about this, but in this particular case it's almost certainly the shoes (it *could* be the pants but I kind of doubt it).

If you tell me exactly what outfit this is I can check it out further (give me the exact name of it from Daz) but in the meantime you can try my workaround for this issue (it's easy to fix):

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
info_17_76
info_17_76
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks Mike
I'll take a look at your video.
Here is the outfit H&C Weekend Casual Suit
I used the "WCS!Set" when inside Daz (which applies the whole outfit to the character)
info_17_76
info_17_76
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Hi Mike
I have managed to fix the issue by parenting the outfit to each other rather than the genesis character and then exporting.
But now, how do i get it from iclone to Unreal engine with animations? My iclone 7 doesnt have the export to fbx ability.
Do i need to send it iclone, add animations and then send back to CC3 and export as clothed character?
info_17_76
info_17_76
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Hi Mike
I have managed to fix the issue by parenting the outfit to each other rather than the genesis character and then exporting.
But now, how do i get it from iclone to Unreal engine with animations? My iclone 7 doesnt have the export to fbx ability.
Do i need to send it iclone, add animations and then send back to CC3 and export as clothed character?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You have now reached the limit of my expertise <g>.  I really don't know anything about exporting from iClone to anything else (all my work is in iClone).

What I would suggest is you post another topic with that heading (about exporting to Unreal) as well as possibly searching this forum for similar threads (I think I've seen some but, again, since I have no interest in doing that I really haven't paid much attention).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic