Confusion about Eye Color & Makeup

Posted By darkrepast 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
darkrepast
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
So I've got Character Creator 3 all up and running. It seems solid. I'm trying out the Pipeline as a trial and that worked wonders for getting a Daz character into the application. Also super solid.

But I'm not understanding how to apply makeup or change eye color to something beside what's available in Essential Morphs and the basics.

Especially the makeup. I've looked around and the answers I'm seeing are confusing. how do you do it? Is there a plan to have a tutorial about this?

Eye color and makeup seem fundamental so I'm GUESSING I'm making a mistake.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Lots of different ways to defur that feline.

For one thing, select the material tab and go to the Skin_Head.  You'll see various maps applied, but in particular you'll see the diffuse map.  It's here where all the magic really happens.  When you apply "makeup" you are really just replacing this map with another.  But you can do that yourself -- you can edit the map in your external editor any way you'd like.  Or, if you want, just right click twice and you'll be able to apply some edits to the overall color in CC3 itself.  Any face map you either create or otherwise get (say from all those Daz characters you can import) you can also save out as your own texture and apply to any other characters, so there are unlimited possibilities.

The same is true for eyes, although it tends to be a *little* more complicated since there are various parts to the eyes.  You'll need to play around and become familiar with which part is which, but after a while you'll find it easy to make whatever eye color you want (or, indeed, any kind of weird eyes you might want, like cat's or lizard's).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
darkrepast
darkrepast
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)Veteran Member (570 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thank you for the response.

When you mention Diffuse map, are you meaning Base Color? I don't see something specifically called Diffuse Map.

More importantly, I can't find their template and attempting to apply a Daz Texture to it causes...strange results.

Thank you.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Right, it's the base color.

You can't apply a Daz map to that slot because it's not in the right UV format.  When you bring a Daz character in and choose "Advanced" the UV from the Daz figure is remapped to the CC3 one.  That's what you will need to do for all the other textures you want to bring in (but, as I said, once you do you can save them out as CC3 textures and apply them to any avatars you wish -- I've already built up hundreds of Daz textures that way).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic