Profile Picture

Appearance editor for CC3 characters, release date?

Posted By zvonimir.tusek 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
zvonimir.tusek
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (848 reputation)Veteran Member (848 reputation)Veteran Member (848 reputation)Veteran Member (848 reputation)Veteran Member (848 reputation)Veteran Member (848 reputation)Veteran Member (848 reputation)Veteran Member (848 reputation)Veteran Member (848 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
BR.

raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Very unlikely we see this this year, probably around february or may. I still wonder who was the genius behind the decision  to release cc3 with  the appereance editor not fully functional
Edited
6 Years Ago by raxel_67
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Appearance Editor support for CC3 characters is scheduled for the 3.1 update which we hope to have ready by the end of Q1 2019.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Joevolve
Joevolve
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (702 reputation)Veteran Member (702 reputation)Veteran Member (702 reputation)Veteran Member (702 reputation)Veteran Member (702 reputation)Veteran Member (702 reputation)Veteran Member (702 reputation)Veteran Member (702 reputation)Veteran Member (702 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
q1 2019 *gasp* thats a very long time

raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

If i had bought cc3 i would be furious, specially because rl is very deceptive in its advertising, there should be a warning telling users that the software is incomplete and that you are buying a glorified beta
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
raxel_67 (12/10/2018)
If i had bought cc3 i would be furious, specially because rl is very deceptive in its advertising, there should be a warning telling users that the software is incomplete and that you are buying a glorified beta

It is functioning well otherwise, so it is much more than a glorified beta. 

There's two ways to go: continuing to be upset, which you have every right to be, or enjoying the functionality that is available. I think the latter is more productive.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Apart from the mesh editing tools and a few things here and there there is not much in cc3 for me, definetely wont be buying the pipeline version since i have almost zero use for it. And people should be wary of the almost fraudulent advertising rl is pushing

Examples
Iray. Nothing in the website tells you that it wont be compatible with speedtres popocornfx or even water

Cc3 auto rig turned out to be a importer
Etcetera, dont feel like browsing rl site searching for more examples.

Also a beta means unfinished product in testing phase , some betas work well and others dont
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
raxel_67 (12/10/2018)
there should be a warning telling users that the software is incomplete and that you are buying a glorified beta

Because a feature you really want isn't present doesn't mean CC3 is incomplete or a Beta. 

With all the amazing new features CC3 Pipeline brings, do you really think it is fair to everyone else to hold the product up for six months until Appearance Editor support is available for CC3 Base characters? This would prevent users having access now to features like the "Transformer" to bring Daz characters into CC3, or being able to easily import clothing for your characters which is something that has been eagerly asked for.

To be factual we announced from the get go that Appearance Editor support for CC3 characters wasn't going to be in the release version. This meant users like yourself who seem to be focused on only one feature have the option of waiting. For those who want access to all the ground breaking new features of CC3 they can get it now and enjoy it. Seems fair to me. Ermm

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Well first of all, i dont want the appereance i need it. Second  in the cc3 website there is no mention of the ae not being available, if it was announced in the forums that was a mistake, not everyone uses the forum. And if rl is all about adding so much requested features we would have volumetric light and shadows, in fact, if rl is such a fan of nvidia technologies they should incorporate their lighting system. Sadly it seems rl doesnt care much about the quality of the release they jusy want to release as is and hope for the best. You are starting to alienate your user base this way.
Rottadamic
Rottadamic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Peter (RL) (12/11/2018)
raxel_67 (12/10/2018)
there should be a warning telling users that the software is incomplete and that you are buying a glorified beta

Because a feature you really want isn't present doesn't mean CC3 is incomplete or a Beta. 

With all the amazing new features CC3 Pipeline brings, do you really think it is fair to everyone else to hold the product up for six months until Appearance Editor support is available for CC3 Base characters? This would prevent users having access now to features like the "Transformer" to bring Daz characters into CC3, or being able to easily import clothing for your characters which is something that has been eagerly asked for.

To be factual we announced from the get go that Appearance Editor support for CC3 characters wasn't going to be in the release version. This meant users like yourself who seem to be focused on only one feature have the option of waiting. For those who want access to all the ground breaking new features of CC3 they can get it now and enjoy it. Seems fair to me. Ermm

Well, I agree whit you that it is a good thing its out now so people can use the new feature.
In my case is have brought my project to a higher level.
If it was relaced later than it would have been to mucht work to impliment it in my project and eighter I would not bother ore it would set me back many weeks.

Having that sad, I was disapointed that Appearance Editor wasn't there and only many weeks after relace there was an post I think by you peter that it would come in the future.
I never seen an announcemend from the get go that Appearance Editor support for CC3 characters wasn't going to be in the release version.
Can you give me a link where that is?, I want to see what I overlookt.

My Youtube Channel

Reading This Topic