Crazy Talk fails to import iClone iAvatar

Posted By Lord Ashes 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
r78zj99
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
thank you, for the reply peter

I am one of the luckily ones that understands how programmes work!

unfortunately for others it is not the case because your merchandise or content is still for sale even as I type this reply.

even now content (crazy talk) is not exchangeable from one application to another even when this is on sale.

so the question, I ask all of you is can crazy talk content be integrated into another application 

like headshot because it is only seen from the waistline!

from Alan
not all is lost if you can think outside the box

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Hi Alan

I think it's important to remember that CrazyTalk is primarily a standalone program that doesn't require any other software to create realistic talking heads. In fact most CrazyTalk customers use it exactly this way which is why CrazyTalk is still a very popular program and hasn't been discontinued. However, for those that do wish to import/export characters with iClone and Character Creator we still support this functionality but only with iClone 6 and Character Creator 2 as I explained previously.

Regarding using CrazyTalk content in iClone, this isn't possible because they use different file formats. However, most of the 3D content used in CrazyTalk 8 came from iClone so versions of that content are available for use such as the same clothing and hairstyles.

So really if you are looking to work exclusively with 3D Heads created from photos, and you want ultra realistic characters, then an iClone, Character Creator 3, Headshot bundle will be the way to go going forward.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

ken_1171
ken_1171
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

I believe iClone can do most of what CrazyTalk 8 does, like facial puppeteering, expression keyframe and presets, automatic lip sync, timeline editing, and so on. Even they way these things are done is very similar, using interfaces that will look familiar to CT8 users. Sometimes it could be challenging to mask the hair or head features from the background in CT8, but we don't have that problem in 3D, and can still benefit from dynamic hair, and customizable lighting. 

Don't take me wrong, I still have CT8 installed, but if the animation uses 3D characters, I'd rather do it in iClone instead, where we have much more control. Smile
r78zj99
r78zj99
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)Veteran Member (519 reputation)

I am sorry for the misunderstanding 
I am very pleased that the product line is still being continue.

as you have said it is a standalone program that is quick & easy to use.
the tts is no longer available as a service

but the good news is Microsoft have left us all to use their engine for different voices should we wish to load them.
they are hard to find now days.

and yes, there is a greater control in the other programs.

from Alan

r78zj99
r78zj99
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

extra information on the TTS

see pictures to see what is possible

picture 1. taken from crazy talk

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7e916302-cbe8-49d9-b99e-0f8f.png

picture 2. from an very old programme

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9f96c20b-d364-4671-b7aa-d196.jpg

common link MS

from Alan

rfbindl
rfbindl
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I worked this out today and didn't want to forget all the step, so I made a short video showing the steps of starting with a CC1 character in iClone7, Generating a head from photo using CrazyTalk 8, Exporting that as an RLHead, Opening the CC1 character in Character Creator 3, Importing the RLHead to the character, converting the CC1 to CC3, then exporting back to iClone7. It was a lot easier with iClone6, but this works. The Headshot plug-in would probably work much better, but for the few heads I'd create a bit of overkill.

Here's the video... https://youtu.be/5leqnWGe6H4
ken_1171
ken_1171
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Thanks for sharing. Very good info. ^___^

Reading This Topic