Profile Picture

Machines of war Tanks & Planes Updates?????

Posted By jollyro 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jollyro
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I purchased the Machines of War packs to have a easier task in animating the Tank-Tracks etc just to find out that these packs are not really easy working in IC7. The Manual is not really helpful, it is all over IC4 or 5. How can I use these Director Mode functions for animations in IC7?  The Prop itself not even shows the animated parts in the scene-manager , there are only the tank, the turret and the special functions shown. So there is no way of  turning wheels or chains by myself. You can use the few basic animations from the menu, collect it as a clip and edit it into the basic functions and paste it into the timeline, but that is actually a very painful way of doing it. 
Is there not a way to use it like the Hum-Vee or the Vehicles from the newer packs with the Remote Controller? 
I drive a Snow Plow for living so I am not a professional Animator and not very good in programming. Always looking for the easiest solution, so if you have any suggestions please let me know. 
Because this is Hobby and not Business I do not use programs like ZBrush or Max, I use Blender etc. ( but I am not very good in it). So please no solutions with these expensive programs.  
I think, these packs should be overhauled by Vendors anyway before they sell them to IC7 Users, because the promised functions are not there anymore...
Thanks for any input, guys.

animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Reallusion is the vendor in this case. You can try to enter a support ticket, or perhaps Peter (RL) sees this and can comment.

I looked at the instructions and for one the videos should be updated as they do not play. The second problem is that Director mode is gone so that method of control is no longer available. I hope you didn't pay full price.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

jollyro
jollyro
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
After playing with it 3 days I figured it out. Works best , when you create a Camera with a Top view, use the move forward  or move back command and mark the point where you want to go. same for the turret move, just use the mouse to mark the point, where you want to have it. 
At least I can make it move the way I want to have it. For the rest use the timeline to tweak it. 
Merry Christmas to all of you!

Reading This Topic