Saving CC3 Content In iClone

Posted By Lord Ashes 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lord Ashes
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I have a marketplace client which wants to use my CC clothing with Crazy Talk 8. I am not familiar with Crazy Talk 8 software but according to the client, she needs the iClone version of the clothing. Since pushing a CC character to iClone is trivial, I assume she is looking for content in a iCloth file as opposed to ccCloth file.

When CC came out, I seem to recall it was possible to push a CC character to iClone, then open up the scene to see the individual clothing items on the character (in iClone), select any item and save it as an iCloth item. However, I, recently,  tried this and I cannot get it to work. Even though I have a clothing item selected, it tries to save the content as a project.

Has this feature been removed or am I doing something wrong in my workflow?

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
It still works. However, selecting "Save" will always save the project. Instead, you need to do the following:

1. Select the clothing item.
2. At the Content Manager, navigate to Actor > Custom > Body Part > CC Cloth. At the bottom, a "+" sign will become activated.
3. Click the "+" sign. The clothing item will be added.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/5505fa72-a210-42a8-849c-cb70.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Thanks. I figured it was the fact that I needed to select the correct tab but I couldn't remember which. I went through the top levels ones including Avatar but I didn't do the sub-levels. I will give "Actor | Custom | Body Part" a try. Thanks.

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks. I figured it was the fact that I needed to select the correct tab but I couldn't remember which. I went through the top levels ones including Avatar but I didn't do the sub-levels. I will give "Actor | Custom | Body Part" a try. Thanks.

Reading This Topic