A way to convert this file?

Posted By sonic7 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year

Greetings ...
Would some knowledgable member happen to know how to get the 'motion' from this file:
https://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/805471
into iClone?
I can't figure how to extract the motion or how to convert it ...
Many thanks if you're able to help... Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

illusionLAB
illusionLAB
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hey Steve, have you tried the mixamo animations..? Guaranteed to work in iC and it's loopable.
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Thanks .... I'll take a look there for an equivalent 'vertical climb' - I *may* get lucky - it's rather a "rare" motion .... 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

illusionLAB
illusionLAB
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
They have loads... I've used the ladder climb myself.
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah .... I've found a 'close' one - (2nd motion when searching 'climb') - it's *steep* - probably 75° - but not purely 90° vertical (ie: for circus Kingpole ladder).
But I guess I could try altering it somehow ..... Actually - I just noticed no. 8 - it's *fast* - but at least it's purely vertical - and the hands are much better than no. 2 - because they grip 'over' the climbing rails  ..... Great !!! I think that's the one - I'll just slow it a tad ..... 
Thanks Mark!!!

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Well I've been *trying* to get this climb motion file to look accurate.
I don't have the know-how for manually animating it - which is why the Mixamo file's been used.
But the 'wierd' thing is the 'mismatch' between the hands and feet during the climbing action - I can get the rung spacing correct for one or the the other - but not both together ....... Any ideas?

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 28 minutes ago
You probably can edit that. Smile
The only thing that needs adjusting is the arms. Use the "Edit Motion Layer", but make sure you select the "Body Part" radio button. That will make it so only the arms are moved when you drag the hands around.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b3d117af-6694-4739-9bb5-e327.jpg

How many steps are there in the motion? You really only need one full climb-cycle.

Edited
6 Years Ago by Rampa
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Rampa - yes, the 'original' Mixamo file is 1 cycle, and I chose (on the Miximo site) to run the motion "In Place".
Then I copied & pasted 10 or so copies 'end to end' on the iClone timeline (without any 'overlap' extended), and then selected "Align to Left Leg" on each one, as that was the 'steady' limb at the 'end' of each cycle. But I've been trying to use the 'Reach Target' on the feet (to try making them a bit 'steadier') - but with disastrous results - I'm simply not used to it .... I'll try your suggestion .....
(Obviously I had to alter the 'distance' travelled vertically so that the feet coincided with the rungs).
It's almost as though it would 'work' as is *if* there was an in-between rung - but it wouldn't look right with double density of rungs ...

Yeah - there's a few 'issues' with the file - there's moments where both legs aren't in contact with a rung - even though it's *best fit* overall.
I'm getting the impression I'll just have to go in and key frame adjust every frame for a full cycle properly to these rungs, and *hope* it ends up looping OK.....

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 28 minutes ago
I got pretty close. But yeah. Seems to maybe be a little drift in there. But I did realize my wrung spacing was a bit to little, even though it looked perfect for the first step. it was off by the second and third.

Instead of using reach targets, you might want to use the "Align Whole Clip". What that does is lock the aligned bone for the duration of the clip. The rest of the motion happens around it.
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks Rampa .....
Well I'm still in hot water using the 'Reach Target' (to lock down the feet & hands from moving on the rungs) .......
I can *apply* the Reach Target - but I can't for the life of me 'release' the Reach Target when needed  - it's driving me batty !!! lol ...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/65af794b-f2a6-4543-8c54-89dd.jpg

Edit:
OK - Found another way to do this "release" ..... (using the normal "Detach from Parent" didn't seem to work for some reason) - but here's what DID:
- Just 'Right-Clicked' on the appropriate "Reach" data bar in the time-line and the drop down menu gave the option for "Release" - It then just created a 'Break Point' exactly at the cursor point. - 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/58670f21-706e-468e-9a2e-52d5.jpg

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7

Reading This Topic