LipSync in iClone vs CrazyTalk

Posted By ultimativity 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ultimativity
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello,  I am considering purchasing the iClone pipeline to make films with human characters. If I purchase iClone pipeline,would there be any advantage to also purchasing Crazytalk pipline?  Does CrazyTalk have better LipSync and facial animation abilities?

Thanks,

Nathan

Nathan

animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
ultimativity (12/6/2018)
Hello,  I am considering purchasing the iClone pipeline to make films with human characters. If I purchase iClone pipeline,would there be any advantage to also purchasing Crazytalk pipline?  Does CrazyTalk have better LipSync and facial animation abilities?

Thanks,

Nathan

iClone and CrazyTalk have the same lip-syncing capabilities, so there is no reason to purchase the CT Pipeline version for that reason. 

Depending on your needs, it may be more beneficial to invest in the Pipeline extension of Character Creator (CC) 3. iClone comes with a basic version of CC3, which allows you to modify existing characters, change their clothing etc. 

The Pipeline extension opens up the use of DAZ characters and clothing, among others, which can be imported and transformed into genuine CC characters for use in iClone. 

If you are interested in creating heads from photos, CT 8 Pipeline is currently the only RL application that does that. The heads are currently only compatible with an earlier generation of CC characters.There are a few alternatives available, where you create heads from photos for DAZ characters and then import the characters with those heads into CC3.

I know this is a lot of information to take in, but if you further refine your needs, we will be able to give you tailored advice.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

ultimativity
ultimativity
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for responding.  I would definitely want to get the pipeline version of CC. However, that would be quite an investment as the pipeline bundle I am looking at is already $649.  I'll check out the trial versions and then decide. Just realized CrazyTalk8 Pipeline ships with this bundle.

Nathan

Reading This Topic