How to remove root motion from kinect motion capture clip

Posted By codyheros 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How to remove root motion from kinect motion capture clip

Author
codyheros
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello I have recently captured some clips with kinect motion capture. But i need to remove some of the root motion how can i view the keys at which the motion occurs? I have already sampled the keys regarding the body joint positions and they seem to have no influence on the character moving his position
sonic7
sonic7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

Hi Cody .... Not sure if I'm understanding - but are you attempting to view this panel?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8cc6fff6-dd1c-4e2e-9217-5171.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 7700HQ 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM; Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram iClone-7.93  3DXChange Pipeline 7.81  CC-3 Pipeline 3.44  Live Face  HeadShot  Brekel Pro-Body  Popcorn FX  iRAY  Kinect V2  DaVinci Resolve17  Mixcraft 8.1

Edited
6 Years Ago by sonic7
codyheros
codyheros
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I already have the viewing panel. However im wondering if theres a place i can view when the transform is moved.

Theres several parts where i have even tried deleting every single motion key within the range where the transform is moving. But unfortunately the characters transform still moves (the character stuck in the current pose like a statue still moves through the air)

demiankz
demiankz
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Is there keyframed movement on the actual transform layer in the timeline? Is the character parented to another moving object? 
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Try this. Not sure if it's what you mean.

Right-click on the walking clip in the timeline.
Select "Modify".
Then just click on the done button without doing anything else.

What it does is strip off the root movement. If you select a gizmo and scub on your timeline, you will see the root stay in place while the character moves.

Reading This Topic