polygons bug

Posted By Veganism 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Veganism
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/94e8cb86-514a-47b9-b3f1-63e9.png

I noticed this bug with the left ear today. The faces are messed up, and this is on a default new project. There may be other bugs but I only saw this one. I noticed that my custom morph, that was created 2 days ago, fixes this bug. The OBJ exported from CC 3, 2 days ago, does not have this bug, and today if I export the OBJ it has the bug. Therefore, this bug started yesterday or today, and applies to all projects. Was there an update yesterday or today of CC 3? Are there updates that don't go through the Reallusion Hub? Anyone has an idea what could be the cause before I try to reinstall everything?
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 42 minutes ago
There are no automatic RL product updates; the user will always be in control. I always download updates directly and try to avoid the Hub, but even the Hub informs you about an update and it is up to user to then update or not.

The current version of CC3 is 3.02, which was released about a month ago.

The only other variable I can think of is whether you recently updated your graphics drivers.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Metronomus
Metronomus
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)Junior Member (120 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi! I have noticed a couple of wrong polygons on my ue4 exported character (standard woman character) in the latest version of cc. It looks like a smoothing group problem with parts of the legs. I havent noticed this in earlier versions. 
Veganism
Veganism
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

@animagic Thanks for the info, I already had 3.02 and did not update the graphics card driver.
The ear's faces do get fixed if I apply my morph from 2 days ago, so I guess that means something happened to my CC 3. I'll try to re install to see if I can figure it out. I'll post the solution if I find it.

@Metronomous Is the top of the left ear fine on your computer? I did not notice anything on the legs.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Veganism
Veganism
Veganism
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I have limited bandwidth where I live, and I am using the Hub to download everything, is there a way to reinstall without redownloading?
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 42 minutes ago
Veganism (12/2/2018)
I have limited bandwidth where I live, and I am using the Hub to download everything, is there a way to reinstall without redownloading?

Check for Hub-related downloads here: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Reallusion\RLDownloads, with <username> the name of your Windows login name.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Veganism
Veganism
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

animagic (12/3/2018)Check for Hub-related downloads here: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Reallusion\RLDownloads, with <username> the name of your Windows login name.

I did not find the install files, so next time I'll do like you and download the installer without the Hub.

I did not reinstall character creator 3, as I think I figured out the problem.
I was wrong about this issue starting 2 days ago, it was probably always there. The problem is that there is simply something wrong with the CC Embed Morphs "cc3_female_01_Head.ccSlider" and "cc3_male_01_Head.ccSlider". In the UI they are located at "Actor/Head/Full Head/CC3_Base Female" and "Actor/Head/Full Head/CC3_Base Male". So this would be something to fix on your side. Those 2 morphs mess up the left ear. I can post this in the technical issues as a bug, if you could confirm that those sliders mess up the left ear on your computer too (check the faces at the top of the left ear).

note: The reason why I mistakenly thought it started 2 days ago is because I opened my Blender project from 2 days ago, and saw that the OBJ was ok, but it was because I used the "mirror topology" option, and I edited the right leg, but that fixed the left ear because of mirroring!

Reading This Topic