Profile Picture

Problems importing daz clothing (chef outfit)

Posted By facr73 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
facr73
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Hi.

I've recently purchased https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-chef-outfit-and-hair-for-genesis-8-males from DAZ and I'm having issues with the buttons. The buttons are parented in DAZ to the Jacket but after I import the clothes to CC3 the buttons appear as different meshes and not related to the jacket. Does anyone knows how to fix this issue?

Greets,
Fernando.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I don't have that particular outfit (yet -- I may pick it up sometime) but this isn't an uncommon problem.  Buttons often aren't correctly assigned in Daz (although there's a bigger issue with buttons and cloth physics -- unless they are a physical part of the mesh they won't deform properly with weight maps, and if they ARE a physical part you will need to use the mesh editor to make them rigid so they don't deform weirdly and I haven't had a whole lot of luck with this.  But I'm still working it out).

My advice would be this -- bring the outfit into Blender (just open up the exported Daz FBX file, but make sure you uncheck the Use Pre/Post rotation at the very bottom of the dialog box).  Now select the outfit and then with the shift key held down, select a button and then press Ctrl-J.  Do this with each button.  You will have joined all the buttons into the outfit and you can then export this from Blender as an FBX file (make sure you select Armatures and turn off "Add Leaf Bones" when you do this).  Bring THIS FBX into CC3 and you should be okay.

Sorry I can't help with this particular outfit, though -- it must have *just* come off the "New" list (I usually get stuff about a month after they are no longer "new").

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
facr73
facr73
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Thanks Mike.

Thanks for the tip. I will try to do that. 
By the way. I bought with 50% off (Black Friday).

Fernando.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Yeah, it's still 40% off but I spent so much on software on Cyber Monday that I need to back off a bit (plus I already have another chef outfit:  https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/23019 ).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I feel your software pain, Mike. I bit the bullet and got the upgrade for 3dxchange 7 pro to Pipeline plus the Function Curve editor for $318. It hurt but it would have been 400$ otherwise, and they were both necessary for further advancement!

Reading This Topic