CC3 Pipeline Unable to export Character

Posted By Stefos 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Stefos
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I have the Pipeline version of Character Creator 3 yet when I came to export a character as a FBX I get a warning that I need the Pipeline version of the software, which I have. The flash screen when I run CC3 says it's the Pipeline version. I paid for the Pipeline version.
The Reallusion Hub says I have the Pipeline Extension installed.
Please note all charcters have the same problem even the base character.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d367d5ce-a3fa-43a5-bf80-78ee.png
Greco Arts
www.grecoarts.com

Edited
6 Years Ago by Stefos
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I have the Pipeline version of Character Creator 3 yet when I came to export a character as a FBX I get a warning that I need the Pipeline version of the software, which I have. The flash screen when I run CC3 says it's the Pipeline version. I paid for the Pipeline version.

If you use clothing, hair and accessories from the RL-Contentshop or the RL- marketplace, then you can only export them las fbx if you have the export license for these parts. This also applies if you want to send this avatar with above mentioned parts of CC 3 pipeleine via fbx and conversion 3dx7 to IClone 7.3. This should change for export to IClone with version CC 3.04 or CC 3.1 (according to Peter von RL). For converting such avatars into fbx for shipping to UNity etc., you will still need the export version of these parts.
See below these treads.
https://forum.reallusion.com/389199/RL-clothing-templates-require-export-version-of-the-clothing-templates-for-running-the-LOD-for-polyreduction
https://forum.reallusion.com/392844/Polygon-Reduction?PageIndex=2#bm393726
Greets from Germany
Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
Stefos
Stefos
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Postfrosch (11/28/2018)

If you use clothing, hair and accessories from the RL-Contentshop or the RL- marketplace, then you can only export them las fbx if you have the export license for these parts. This also applies if you want to send this avatar with above mentioned parts of CC 3 pipeline via fbx and conversion 3dx7 to IClone 7.3. This should change for export to IClone with version CC 3.04 or CC 3.1 (according to Peter von RL). For converting such avatars into fbx for shipping to UNity etc., you will still need the export version of these parts.
See below these treads.
https://forum.reallusion.com/389199/RL-clothing-templates-require-export-version-of-the-clothing-templates-for-running-the-LOD-for-polyreduction
https://forum.reallusion.com/392844/Polygon-Reduction?PageIndex=2#bm393726
Greets from Germany
Postfrosch

Thanks but nude characters do not export either, has nothing to do with clothes, at least it shouldn't and like I said before the base character does not export. Uslally there would be a warning about the clothes not that I need the PipeLine version of the software which I have. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d367d5ce-a3fa-43a5-bf80-78ee.png
Greco Arts
www.grecoarts.com

teutobod
teutobod
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I know I'm late to the party, but anyway, maybe it helps someone...
I had the exact same problem, exporting didn't work after the update, I was told I had to buy the pipeline version (which I own). The solution was to update via the Reallusion hub, not the download from the website. The program itself was at version 3.03 already but the "Pipeline Extension" underneath was still 3.0. After updating that thing too, everything is working fine again. Hope that helps.
Exposure Games
Exposure Games
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Reallusion has always had sub par support, if any, and their products have always been extremely overpriced. Making all content separate plugins and programs to keep people purchasing more. 
I've never been happy with them as a company. Although I do like CC3, even if it lacks an ability to separate meshes into Torso, Legs, Arms, Head, like any modular character would be in a game.
I'm happy to see EPiC bring Meta Human to the table. It'll completely wipe Reallusion out of the Unreal game. CC3 will soon be for Unity or low quality animation video creators only.
animagic
animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Exposure Games (2/11/2021)
Reallusion has always had sub par support, if any, and their products have always been extremely overpriced. Making all content separate plugins and programs to keep people purchasing more. 
I've never been happy with them as a company. Although I do like CC3, even if it lacks an ability to separate meshes into Torso, Legs, Arms, Head, like any modular character would be in a game.
I'm happy to see EPiC bring Meta Human to the table. It'll completely wipe Reallusion out of the Unreal game. CC3 will soon be for Unity or low quality animation video creators only.

Goodbye then...Doze  And good luck with Unreal...Alien

The demise of RL has been predicted so many times that it is becoming hilarious...BigGrinTongueLaugh

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

mrtobycook
mrtobycook
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I find the support is usually great - it's just that all software has bugs. It also has a great community, where you can get answers relatively quickly. And they also are trying hard to improve the product.

I love Unreal too, but there are so so many things that you can't do currently with any other program. Even Metahumans is only the start - Unreal still only has the very beginnings of a control rig system, and certainly no puppet etc or prebuilt face key expressions etc etc.

Anyway, as Animagic says, bye! :-)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d11fc97b-7387-4f19-bb1e-0785.png
virtualfilmer.com | youtube

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
As any who know me (including folks at RL know) I'm FAR from an apologist for Reallusion.  But I do feel their software support is superb.  Much MUCH better than almost any other 3D software support (as someone who used to pay $$$$ per year for 3DMax, Autodesk support sucks big time).

Tools are only as good as the people who use them.  I've seen NOTHING yet from the fanboys who love UE that is worth watching, but I have seen a ton of stuff produced by iClone I like.  But to each his own (IMHO most of the stuff kids want to do looks like video games cutscenes.  And has the same amount of quality storytelling and acting, which is to say, none).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic