00 Cartoon Animation 4 (CTA 4) Work In Progress I & II

Posted By Ola(RL) 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Author
LP_movies/tvs
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Peter (RL) yes  mate   i saw what i did after i order had a lot happen last week they refund me know so  did you find out before i oder pro  about the mocap mate thanks for the reply if that would be comeing to pro and pipline 
brothertcoleman
brothertcoleman
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
brothertcoleman (12/3/2018)
Will there be the ability to record direct body movements rather than change body angle scroll timeline and repeat since G4 can’t use the motions we import like G2?

Do you mean full body motion capture?

Yes, there wasn't an ability to record our custom animations for the G3 characters, we had to key frame all of the animations ,I was thinking along the lines of Iclone's Direct Puppet's ability to record our own custom body movements.

The same with free bone characters and items,its nice to be able to preview the movements in real time in composer mode but why not a way to record the movements instead of having to key frame everything.

| Windows 11 64bit / iClone7 Pro / Headshot Plug-in / Character Creator v4 / Perception Neuron Profile for Motion LIVE 2D Plug-in/ CrazyTalk 8 Pipline / FaceFilter v3 PRO / Cartoon Animator 5 Pipeline/Serif DrawPlus X8 / 3DXchange 6 Pro / WidgetCast PRO / DP Animation Maker / PopVideo 3
Edited
6 Years Ago by brothertcoleman
taka_
taka_
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Just 1 thing

I wrote few times telling about what I consider a bug in your program 

I work as software developer for another company

it is about the exportation of the animation in video

I wrote again a short >>

I set an animation like opening a door (is a good example to understand the situation)

1 - then you click 3D button and you set the camera perspective
2 - you play the animation and you see a door opening from a side perspective (perfect ! )
3 - you go to export the animation to video. the result is a video playing from front side view, it doesn't respect what program is really showing you (total fail ! )

4 - I sincerely think if the program can do it then when you export you should have an option to front view or custom perspective (or similar configuration)

I am owner of CTA 3 Pipeline and I will consider upgrade to CTA 4 if at least that had been solved
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
taka_ (12/5/2018)

I set an animation like opening a door (is a good example to understand the situation)

1 - then you click 3D button and you set the camera perspective
2 - you play the animation and you see a door opening from a side perspective (perfect ! )
3 - you go to export the animation to video. the result is a video playing from front side view, it doesn't respect what program is really showing you (total fail ! )

4 - I sincerely think if the program can do it then when you export you should have an option to front view or custom perspective (or similar configuration)

I am owner of CTA 3 Pipeline and I will consider upgrade to CTA 4 if at least that had been solved

Hi Taka

3D View in CTA is only for setting the Z Axis values of objects in your scene. Crazytalk Animator is 2D software, and so the view is always from the front (like viewing a painting). If you want to see objects at different angles in CTA, then they need to be drawn or created that way to start with. You can't use the camera to view objects in your scene at different angles. 

Really to have this kind of 3D functionality you will be better working in a full 3D environment using iClone which supports using toon characters.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
6 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
brothertcoleman (12/5/2018)

Yes, there wasn't an ability to record our custom animations for the G3 characters, we had to key frame all of the animations ,I was thinking along the lines of Iclone's Direct Puppet's ability to record our own custom body movements.

The same with free bone characters and items,its nice to be able to preview the movements in real time in composer mode but why not a way to record the movements instead of having to key frame everything.

Thanks for explaining more. I will pass on your request to the CTA team for consideration. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

sara.hack
sara.hack
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi there,
This looks very interesting and I will look forward to seeing the new version. But I just wanted to ask if you are thinking of going back to 360 degree characters like you had in CrazyTalk2?
Also would it be possible for you to develop some more 'off the shelf' characters to buy that are...how do I put this...attractive cartoon characters? Sorry but the current ones are really awful and very limited. I work for a large organisation and we need good quality characters in all different styles of dress, with suits for office workers, with casual wear, different ethnic types, all sorts of characters. The standard ones just don't cover it, are unattractive and have silly bouncy walks. There was more choice with the old G1 and G2 characters.
Many thanks,
Sara
Holden7
Holden7
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)

I recently bought CTA3 to work primarily with 3D motions and G2 characters. I’m wondering which of the following new features in CTA4 might work with G2 characters:

-Customize Elastic Motion Effects   
-Smooth Head Turn/G4 360 Head Creator
-Smart IK Animation   
-Custom End Effectors for Free Bone Characters
-Motion Retargeting

Can a smooth turning G4 head be put on a G2 body?

I’m assuming...
- Custom IK Rig GUI/ Photoshop Design Pipeline (PSD import/export)
... won’t work with G2’s. Is that correct?

How about:
- Plug-in Facial Motion Capture
Will it be useable with G2 characters directly or via G4 heads on G2 bodies?

Thanks!
Edited
6 Years Ago by Holden7
Kazakovdg
Kazakovdg
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)Junior Member (130 reputation)

Hello! Immediately apologize for the bad English,because I am not a native speaker.

Is it possible based on CrazyTalk Animator / CartoonAnimator, create something similar to Character Creator for 2D characters?Maybe it's a stupid question, but I'm still interested.

Ihms
Ihms
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)Senior Member (387 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I'm looking forward to the new software abilities of the software, the characters and props that I can create along with the animation that I'll develop.  This looks like a great time for Reallusion.
rohaidzam.rashid
rohaidzam.rashid
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Is there a way to render CTA with alpha channel? (Having transparent Backgrounds so we can composite in a video editor) That would be an awesome feature!

Reading This Topic