PROMETHEUS MOVIE

Posted By Kalex 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 3 votes.
Author
Kalex
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 hours ago
Hello everyone, 
One week has passed, I will so upload another episode. From now on, I will upload every episodes in this topic till the end of the movie, I think it's better this way. 
So here is the episode 8! I hope it will still entertain you. The first episodes were tricky to make: I had to try and catch immediately the attention, and at the same time explaing the story without losing time. So... Hope I succeeded =)

The models of the Queen Consolidated office were kinda complicated to make, for those who watch Arrow series, I hope you will recognize it. And for those who don't, I hope it will look good too =D

Tell me what you thought and of course, ENJOY !!
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Woah! Where did you get that ornate bridge? Opening scene was awesome. Great cityscape and the bridge is amazing. Been looking for one similar to put in a cityscape that doesn’t break the bank. Oh and of course another entertaining episode! Keep me coming Kalex Smile

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

Edited
6 Years Ago by kungphu
Kalex
Kalex
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for the reply ! The first scene with the bridge is a video I captured from Arrow season 1 BigGrin
The bridge from City Blocks Vol.2: Skyscrapers by riverside is awesome too ! 

Thanks for the support ! Working on episode 9 now =)
LABRATS
LABRATS
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
You did a very good job on this episode!
The cameramovement is awsome and the script is very well done too.

Maybe you will concentrate your attention more on visuals such as light, effects, textures and so on. I recommend you to put more time in your episodes to make them more eyecatching ;-) > about 2 weeks rather than 1.
I dont dislike your episodes, just want to give you some production suggestions.
Kalex
Kalex
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hey thanks for the reply ! =)
I see what you mean, thanks for the advice. In the first episodes I was working with iclone 6 and 7, I was more concentrated on animating characters and recreating some atmosphere. The next ones are more eyecatching I think, you'll tell me what you think !
The movie is finished since june, the episodes are all done, and it took me more thank a week to make a single one, sometimes an entire month BigGrin now I'm working on the subtitles and on the second part. 
But I shall follow your advice and focus on the lighting, see what can be improved !
Thanks again bro !
LABRATS
LABRATS
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Thankfully you did not feel criticised =D

after I saw your trailer on youtube, I knew you are allready finished your movie, so you cant make any aprovements on these episodes, what will not be a problem at all since your episodes are good anyways.

To give you some more critic... (I hope its not to much for you) I really like it when animators or film creators are creating their own characters rather then importing models from another source (games, daz, ect.). I hope im right on this one...
I can understand that you've done this because it is really time comsuming to make your own character models. Im okey with this but I prefer creators who are using their own ones.

Im not the type of person who just wants to make creators feel bad, just want to help them making some advantages.

BTW, is the storyline your idea or is it a remake from the series? (i usually dont watch the series)

However nice work of yours!!!
Edited
6 Years Ago by RATLABS
Kalex
Kalex
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

No don't worry it's not too much =) as long as you liked the final product !! 
I know what you mean talking about the models. Most of the models (characters, 3d scenes, etc) are made by me (I would say 80%). But yea it is a lot of time so when I see a model I like in Daz... I don't doubt very long BigGrin I chose to spend more time on character animation (body and face) to give the G5 characters a realistic personnality. 
Now, with the mocap software and Ipisoft studio, it's easier and a lot of time saving, so I can focus on making more models, scenes, etc. Most of the characters are made by me, those imported from videogames are meant to be cameos Wink
Regarding the story, I wrote a script with many elements inspired by comics, characters biography, all of this mixed with ideas that I had. 

It's always good to have a constructive argument to know what is good and what can be improved. For your sincerity, I would like to thank you very much. 

How long have you been using iclone ? 
jojog3406
jojog3406
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Personnally I find your models AWESOME, you manage to give your characters a different voice and personnality... very good work on the animations, your episodes don't disappoint any second, I'm waiting for the next one now !! You deserve more views, that for sure !!!
LABRATS
LABRATS
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Like i said, the way you are making your movie is very impressive with only a few points to improve.

Im in the same point of view as "jojog3406", your movie is one of the best i've seen so far out of Iclone!

So go on with your work!

To answer your question "How long have you been using iclone ?"
Im using iclone since 2010.

First we made a Game with some charakters made with iclone, after that (around 2014) we started to make an actual movie. And now we work on this one and its sequel.
If you like to see, Here is our first uploaded chapter from our first movie:
(Unfortunaly its in german, it will get subtitles soon)
2014 Iclone5 
RATLABS Iclone Movie MGS

https://forum.reallusion.com/395723/Iclone-Movie-MGS7-by-Liquid-Sun-The-S-Ratlabs

Best regards
RATLABS
Edited
6 Years Ago by RATLABS
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Another great episode. Looking really good.  BigGrin

Something about the G5's. If you notice, their shoulders look 'hunched up'  Lower their shoulders 2 or 3 clicks to get a more natural look.
(I would forget to do it sometimes and it always stood out to me. Just an idea. )
Love everything you're doing here.

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
Edited
6 Years Ago by Peter Blood

Reading This Topic