Profile Picture

I only want an animatedd mouth.

Posted By charlotte_553397 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
charlotte_553397
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi,

I wish to make a talking mouth, without the face. Only lips, teeth and tongue. Is there a way to turn off the rest of the face, or make it transparent? I am right now just in demo-mode, trying to figure out if this is the right software for me. It seems to be, as long as I can turn off the rest or the facial features.

Thank you,
Charlotte

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Charlotte

Unfortunately it isn't possible to turn off individual facial features or make the entire face transparent. 

However if you use a source image that is a plain colour apart from the lips, the only other visible facial feature to worry about will be the eyes. You can then eliminate these in the "Face Fitting Editor" by reducing the size and pushing all the fitting points together. Now when you preview the character you will have only the lips moving and the rest of the face will be blank.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

charlotte_553397
charlotte_553397
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)Senior Member (315 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Ah ok! But that's a good idea, I will try that! Thank you very much!
//Charlotte
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Just to add that if you make the face (apart from the lips) green, and set the background to the same green, then you could export your project to video and remove the background in your video editing software using chromakeying. Then you would be able to overlay the talking lips on anything you want.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Rogue Anime
Rogue Anime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
@Charlotte - I had a similar need for a comedy sketch a while back, I made it in CTA2 - Here's what I came up with!  ~V~

Val RogueAnanda
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e82de505-c57a-40b9-8cb0-9f87.png

Reading This Topic