Physics - Hinges - Free Energy

Posted By Lord Ashes 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Lord Ashes
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I am trying to fake a chain by connecting a bunch of small objects (in this case boxes) together using hinges and then to each box I will add a bigger mesh object (with collision tuned off) so that the chain looks like it is connected but will not rip apart due to collisions (since the small boxes which are physics enabled are spaced far apart to avoid collisions). This is the base of my physics enabled cable being sold in my marketplace.
The issue I am having is that even though I don't believe I am getting collisions the result is very spastic. It jumps all over the place and even when it starts to die out (I tried to put elasticity low and damping and friction high) there are sudden bursts of energy which restart the spastic behavior. Any ideas what I can do to calm the results?

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
mark
mark
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
I'm sure you'll want something better than this but....I did this old clip way back in iC5 and as I remember didn't use any constraints just made the links Dynamic self-meshes and the "Torus" shackle at the wrist Kinematic and let nature do the rest...

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Reading This Topic