Profile Picture

Downloading (rendering?) project from CTA3 (Pipeline v.3.3 to Cloud Animator

Posted By MaryJay 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Downloading (rendering?) project from CTA3 (Pipeline v.3.3 to Cloud...

Author
MaryJay
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Help!  Okay, so this slow-learner, NEWBIE of 71 years old  has worked on creating a multi-scene project in CTA3 (v3.3.3007.1) and in 1 LONG  month I finally got my first scene done (did I mention 'slow learner'?)  It has characters in multiple clips, voice, sprite and transformations, the whole kit and caboodle (having purchased a plethora of contents)!  I've been subscribed to Cloud Animator for some time but my projects there await its first scene to be moved over from CTA3.  I cannot find a detailed video on how to move the project over (praying that it can be done as one complete PROJECT move and not object related tracks one-by-one).  The "RENDER" process is not well covered (if at all) for MAC users, of which I am one, operating on OS 10.12.6.  The RENDER menu differs on a PC but someone was kind enough on this FORUM to help me render the "background" image but the rest is muy complicado!!  VIDEO recommendation?  Even at my age, I can follow steps if I watch the video 500 times!!  Hehe

I'm hoping to heck there's a detailed video somewhere out there or someone who can hold my hand so I don't muck up my months long scene 1 (with 5 more to go after I successfully move it over to Cloud Animator) OR a good instructor who can hold my hand so it is done right.  After the 1st, the remaining scenes should be a breeze -- but I need to LEARN and the tutorials I've researched are lacking in a lot of detail, especially for MACs where the render process toolbar does not conform to tutorial versions.  HELP!!  PLEASE!!!  By the way, I don't use Photoshop -- don't even have it as it's w..a..y.. too complicated for me (even the basic stuff) and w..a..y.. too expensive for my budget or use, so please don't suggest I transfer my project to PS or any of the Adobe products.  When I got CTA and subscribed to Cloud Animator, I thought these two platforms would suffice for me and my creations.  
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
Hi MaryJay

Unfortunately you won't be able to open your CrazyTalk Animator 3 project in Cloud Animator. These are two separate products that do not share projects.

However you can use Crazytalk Animator 3 to generate Animated GIF's which can be dropped into Cloud Animator. So if your current CTA3 project has animated characters, these can be outputted individually as Animated GIF's and then placed and positioned in Cloud Animator which will give you the same animations.

You can find help on generating GIF animations HERE.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

MaryJay
MaryJay
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)Senior Member (403 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Thanks for this info.  I played around with the scene in CTA3 and rendered it as a complete .mov and it opened with QuickTime on my desktop but I could not import it into Cloud Animator as it says it (.mov) is not an acceptable format for download.  I also tried to import it through drag and drop into Cloud but the filesize was too large (it did not give not give me the error msg. of not being possible as an acceptable format)???  So ... I persisted and made a YouTube video and imported it fine.  
Question:  Why, when you subscribe to the Business Plan on Cloud Animator do they give you a free version of CTA3 (regular version) if what you create as a scene in the latter is impossible to import into Cloud as a single unit?  It should be compatible and made easier than importing each gif/png/etc. in individually and then trying to recreate what one has done in CTA3.  They are both Reallusion formats and you shouldn't have to run through the "creation" scene process when there are so many components in a scene (voices, characters, multiple props, facial expressions, motions, text, sfx, et al) only to go through the process in CTA3 and then try to put it into Cloud in a round-about, back-asswards way.  Why bother with CTA3 at all if you have to reconstruct your work in Cloud.  The two, in my view, should be meshed together.  But alas, it did work once I created a totally independent YouTube project as the "middleman".  Unfortunately, this will not make my Cloud creation interactive ... I don't think.  At least from what I read that buttons cannot be linked in a YouTube creation like you are supposed to be able to with Cloud.  Maybe this INTEGRATION should be looked at in Reallusion to make it more compatible and not necessary to go through individual hoops trying to align the timeline components a second time for Cloud.  Whatdoya think?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
Thank you for the feedback. 

Crazytalk Animator 3 can be used to generate a variety of different assets for Cloud Animator, including animated characters in GIF format, and this makes it a great companion product to have. However because these are two different products they do not share the same file formats. It has to be remembered that Cloud Animator is cloud based and runs in the browser, whereas Crazytalk Animator 3 is a locally installed application. This makes CTA3's file formats incompatible and it is not something that could be easily resolved while maintaining a cloud based service that runs in a browser.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic