Iray Features?

Posted By rightdecis 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rightdecis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Iray for IClone 7 is coming out next month (I hope). I was wondering what are some of the features and functions it will have that will make it unique to IClone? Such as how will we be able to apply it to our projects? And is the release date set yet?

I make my dreams into movies.

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I might be only stating the obvious items, but I think the old iClone/Indigo plug-in and the new CC3/Iray plug-ins offer clues.:

1) Quality and rendering time should be "same as" what you see with the CC3 plug-in
1.1) In CC3, I found the "material mapping" and "scene look" to be much better with the CC3/Iray plug-in than what we had with the iClone/Indigo plug-in

2) Functionality is probably simialr to the iClone/Indigo plug-in...
2.1) Push button, render scene
2.2) Fine-tune some parameters, render scene

3) Performance
3.1) Possible to export and render animations, but probably impractical for most people to use for "normal" videos

4) Release dat
4.1) Continues to be "December... unless there are unexpected development problems."  Same as with every other new version announcement.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
6 Years Ago by justaviking
TheOldBuffer
TheOldBuffer
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
What I've found with iray in cc3 is that iterations can be set very low, 100 or 200 then denoise at 99 or 199 respectively which gives an image more than suitable for animation frame creation. 

this pic took less than 20 secs to render in iray.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/59e7783b-548d-4f0e-8d58-5168.png

Homebuilt computer - Windoze 10, INTEL i9 9900 k @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA, 16GB 3100 MHz RAM, Asus  Maximus Hero XI motherboard, Sound blaster Z series. iClone6 & 7 Pipeline, Crazytalk 8, Crazytalk Animator 2, Facefilter, Pop video 3, Hitfilm 4Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro,

Edited
6 Years Ago by TheOldBuffer
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
TheOldBuffer (11/20/2018)
What I've found with iray in cc3 is that iterations can be set very low, 100 or 200 then denoise at 99 or 199 respectively which gives an image more than suitable for animation frame creation.

One word of warning on that topic.

Experience with Indigo and other renderers indicate that you actually need a "better" (less noisy) render for animation than you often need for still images.  I'm talking about the quality of typical show-case images here, not high-end professional photorealism images.  It seems counter-intuitive at first, but if you get a bit too aggressive with limited iterations and rely on the denoise features, the "noise" will vary from frame-to-frame.  The result is you will see some flickering as the denoising process varies slightly from frame-to-frame.  So something that might not have jumped out at you on a single-frame render will catch your eye in an animation.

this pic took less than 20 secs to render in iray.

Your GTX 2080 appears to be taking good care of you.  Smile

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
6 Years Ago by justaviking

Reading This Topic