Which Comes First?

Posted By KenCoon 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
KenCoon
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I have Affinity Designer and have bought a course that seems to tell everything I need to know to get good with it.
I think I will need Character Creator and also to upgrade my CTA3 to Pipeline edition.
Now for my question.
Do I design characters and props first and build up a set of them or do I join as a vendor and then make the characters?
I am going to begin making G2 Characters now just in case you need that information.
I also have another question. How do I know what is selling in the Marketplace?
Thanks in advance,
Ken

vidi
vidi
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Before you think about selling, first think about what exactly you are doing, because Afinity Designer, Character Creator and G2 Character sound like you have no plan what you do

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
As Vidi says, you need a plan.
If you are going to create G2 characters then what kind of characters? Ancient Roman, Monsters, Military, Everyday, Business, Family, Kids ...?
Are you going to create a suite of characters that "go" together (i.e. the same style) or what? Whats your plan?

The Marketplace has a "Top Paid" category that you can look at that shows what has been selling recently.
You can also look in the G2 character category to see what characters you think are missing or just do what you want to do.

If you are doing props then take a look at what Garry Pye did with his.
He created a "set" of props that worked together or that even create a scene.
What's your plan?

It's hard to say what will sell in the Marketplace so just make a plan for what you want to do and if it strikes a chord with others then it will sell.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 22 minutes ago
Character Creator is for iClone characters, not for CTA characters, which seems to be what you are aiming at.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

I have a drawing from the cover of one of my books that I wrote.
I am trying to make it into a G2 character or G2+. I haven't read the specifications for each just yet.
I know that I will need 10 poses for it. That is why I was wondering about an app called Character Creator. It is used to make G2 Characters by one of the designers.
I am using Affinity Designer in place of a monthly subscription to Adobe Animate.
Now back to my original question.
Do I make a set of G2 characters and then join the vendor ranks or join the vendor ranks and then make the Characters?

vidi
vidi
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

you  need stuff to sell , so it is needed to create first something and then easy load it up in the marketplrace with the RLuploader 

all information  to find here 
https://developer.reallusion.com/CertifiedContentDeveloper.html

liebe Grüße vidi

coolhewitt24
coolhewitt24
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Ken, I got your message. You can use adobe illustrator to make vector sprites for your characters.  Sorry the link didn't work I will leave again for you but My channel is called daniel hew. I have about 321 subscribers right now. Props and scenes are easy to create but G3 character creations takes a bit more effort.  Please keep in mind that you will lose 40% if you are not a certified content creator.  If you have any questions, I am happy to help you

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-_ReB1kqKNr-XIOEZggUWA?view_as=subscriber

Welcome to the CTA club
cool_hewitt23

vidi
vidi
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Please keep in mind that you will lose 40% if you are not a certified content creator.

You loose nothing, you pay a commission. You get  a store and web space with a largeUser Base and promotion platform 
From nothing, comes nothing
Seems I'm a certified content creator. but there I see no different I have to pay my provision as well . Even you have to pay more if you are picked for the Contentstore.
therefore I think this information is not value

Also this is more confusion than help

You can use adobe illustrator to make vector sprites for your characters

Why sugest you this ? he had Afinity Designer . 

but G3 character creations takes a bit more effort

also he said he want make G2 Character . 

liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
6 Years Ago by vidi
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks Vidi and all. I just upgraded yesterday to  CTA Pro so I should be able to make the characters.
I can struggle through with the information regarding stores and the videos available that I have found on these forums and make some characters and things.
I will need to get good at making things before I think about a store so that will wait for awhile.
Thanks again. I will be around for now when I need help again.
Thanks.
Ken

Reading This Topic