Add second monitor to laptop

Posted By VirtualMedia 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
VirtualMedia
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have a Samsung Syncmaster SA 850 I want to use as a 2nd monitor for a ROG laptop. The monitor has 10 different ports but none will work with laptop.

Seen this on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Graphics-Multiple-2048x1152-1920x1080/dp/B00A2E1MQA

It states its Not for gaming, but works with production applications. Since IC is close to a realtime game generator would this work?

Thanks

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Should work but will be limited to dvi resolution limits. Try a usb monitor instead!
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
With gaming they mean high FPS values, I think. In that sense, iClone is more of a production software. 

There are monitors that connect directly to USB, but you would need a fast USB 3 port (usually USB-C). So the quality of the USB port on your laptop plays a role too.

Which Samsung model do you have? The 27" model has 2560 x 1440, which the interface does not support. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
animagic (11/16/2018)
With gaming they mean high FPS values, I think. In that sense, iClone is more of a production software. 

There are monitors that connect directly to USB, but you would need a fast USB 3 port (usually USB-C). So the quality of the USB port on your laptop plays a role too.

Which Samsung model do you have? The 27" model has 2560 x 1440, which the interface does not support. 

Thanks for the heads up, I found a decent 27" asus ips on amazon for a reasonable price. The reason I asked the Samsung syncmaster is a pro level monitor and wanted to make use of it. However it doesn't seem financially reasonable at this time.

I would like to follow up with an work station upgrade or replace evaluation once the GFX Card dust settles.

Thanks

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com

Reading This Topic