Profile Picture

Will the new version of iClone match the "Preview" render (not iRay) of CC3?

Posted By jarretttowe 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Will the new version of iClone match the "Preview" render (not iRay)...

Author
jarretttowe
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
The in-application renderer looks really good compared to iClone. Will the new update of iClone give us rendering that looks that good? If not, will we be able to render animations in CC3 eventually? The display looks great to me, compared to iClone (which I love don't get me wrong.)
Thank you!
Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
How are they different? They look the same to me.
jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

I must not know how to set them up correctly.
akuei2
akuei2
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Friends, High resolution texture & GI light is important in IC7 native render engine.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
Right, not to mention proper camera (the default one in iClone is, I do believe, the 50mm one, which isn't the best for portraits/people -- I'm not quite sure what the ratio is in CC3, but it seems like it's more like 80mm).

You have to set up a whole lot of things off the native iClone to get it looking right (for one thing, remove the two standard lights, turn the IBL WAY down or off, and set up your own lights and turn GI on).  You can save this project (along with a good camera) as your default project and get renders that look even better than the CC3 one, but you have to do it correctly.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
It should look the same, because I don't believe there is a difference in the native renderers..

As was pointed out in another thread, you need to have lighting, atmosphere and other settings the same. Make also sure that the shaders are PBR.

After using the Appearance Editor for older materials, the shaders are sometimes set back to Traditional in CC. (You can easily check that in CC.) Also in iClone, make sure the project is set to PBR.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

wildstar
wildstar
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

I think the community continues to think there is no discrepancy between the preview window and what is rendering (frames) is harming the iclone. it's very clear to me that render it even in preview, full quality or whatever. is different and worse. Btw, as I said I gave up trying to show it to the community. but the truth be told. for final products where the quality has to be taken to the maximum (I speak in every way) the iclone rendering does not work. I use iclone since 5.5. I participated in the beta and until January of that year I tried to use the iclone render for my movie. from february so far I've been studying Unity to use as a tool for camera light and finalization and I'm not sorry to have done it.

render features is not the same of render quality
and quality of rendering is a very subjective and broad thing.
jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I would like to see a side by side created by someone who knows what they are doing, where the default scene in character creator is re-created in iclone. I can't make it match...the quality in CC3 is noticeably better.
Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

I think it makes more sense for you to show renders that have the quality discrepancies and we’ll likely be able to tell you what you’re missing.
jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Sure that makes more sense. Will post tonight once I get home from work. Should have started with that! Is there a way to save a scene with everything included like lights and background and render settings that then I can open in iClone? Just wanting to minimize the number of questions I need to ask on the front end before I start posting renders.
Thank you!

Reading This Topic