Newbie needs help creating a scene

Posted By karacarson929 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
karacarson929
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hello everyone!
I am new to Iclone and I want to create a certain scene for my movie but having difficulty doing so. Can anyone help me ? Please! The scene I'm trying to create is like the one in the video at the 54second mark as well as the 25 second mark.

Anaximander
Anaximander
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
A couple of basic things that someone new to iclone might not be aware of. that may help you.

Iclone has a marketplace where 3rd party developers  sell content. You should be able to buy an entire cityscape for establishing shots. Or individual buildings of different styles. You can download most content as a trial version and see if it meets your needs. The trial version leaves a watermark on your render which can be removed by purchasing the content.

Iclone has a companion application called 3dxchange that allows you to convert a model from an outside program like blender or sketchup into an iprop. Sketchup is easy to learn and would work well for creating simple blocks to which you can apply various building textures. Check out the google 3d warehouse as well. You may be able to find something there that meets your needs. 

I had a quick look at the marketplace. The Urban Medium City by Warlord for 999 da points looks like good value to me. 

karacarson929
karacarson929
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Hi Anaximander,
Thanks for the tips I appreciate all the advice and tips I can get. I went and purchased the city blocks package when it was on sale it came with two other packages the metro downtown and roadways. But I'm not sure how to use the props to get the scene I'm looking for. Could you give me some advice how to go about making the scene?
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
There is some help for you packages on the page where you bought them from. Look through the 8 pages here to find your product (I think it is on page 7) and it will offer some help. Maybe limited but it's a start. Wink
https://www.reallusion.com/contentstore/help/
karacarson929
karacarson929
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you so much!😊
Anaximander
Anaximander
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)

Hi:

So here are my thoughts which comes from  at best a semi-skilled icloner who never finishes what he starts. 

I think the problem you are having is that the assets you are using are designed more for a street-level scene where-as you are looking for an overall view of a city. If something like this is close to what you want I can give you some instructions if you desirehttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/75af4a27-e19a-4f5c-b64f-98f5.jpg

Don't stress about the seams on the water. I was just too lazy to make the texture seamless. 

In a nutshell, all the project consists of is an image of the sky and mountains on a billboard, the city asset I mentioned in the earlier post, and a water image tiled on a plane for the ocean. Total time to create perhaps 15 or 20 minutes. You would of course have to purchase the trial content to get rid of the watermark.  

You would need to limit your camera to mostly panning and zooming as the billboard always faces the camera.

Hope this helps. 

karacarson929
karacarson929
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi!
Sorry I just saw your reply. This is exactly what I'm trying to create. Yes I would love your help thanks so much! 
Anaximander
Anaximander
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Hi:

I'll need to work the next two days but I should be able to come up with some sort of tutorial for you this  Wednesday  or Thursday. 

Anaximander
Anaximander
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I tried to make a little tutorial for you. I hope I didn't ramble on too much. 

Here is the link to my google drive.    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kaBpWm3d4dYqMF0CqRlxNqCRLbiz9WqQ 

I'll try to insert the link here: Tutorial  Not sure if it will go there directly but give it a try.

Sorry the file is so big.  Let me know if something goes wrong and you can't view it.

Reading This Topic