Profile Picture

Essential Morphs and Skins Pack - Appearance editor still grayed out - did I just get conned out of...

Posted By herriottrobertg 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Essential Morphs and Skins Pack - Appearance editor still grayed out -...

Author
herriottrobertg
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)Veteran Member (518 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
EDIT: I found out how to get the stuff to work with CC1 base and convert, so my rage is somewhat reduced. However, I REALLY hope that 3.1 update for working CC3 assets isn't too far away.

Alright, so, like many people I have been extremely disappointed by the fact that CC3 was release with a non-functional appearance editor. This has been stalling me out on a project and is getting very frustrating.

Today I was browsing around for solutions and found the Essential Morphs and Skins pack. It clearly states on the product page that it works with CC3.0 and above. So, I purchased the pack, fired up character creator, loaded one of the Essential bases, and still appearance editor is still grayed out. The whole reason I purchased the pack was because I want to move forward with my project and did not want to use the "workaround" of using an outdated CC1 base for appearance editor and converting it to a CC3 base, forever locking myself out of going back and editing the appearance further.

As a last resort, I even loaded up a CC1 "Essential" base and skin, which each took FOREVER to load, and STILL can't load the appearance editor.

I am getting really frustrated dumping money into Reallusion's pockets and not getting what I am paying for. 

Is there some simple, obvious thing I am missing here?
Edited
6 Years Ago by herriottrobertg
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 9 minutes ago
As you have now found you can use CC1 Base characters with the Appearance Editor and then convert them to CC3 Base character afterwards.

Appearance Editor support for CC3 Base characters is coming in the 3.1 update but sadly that is still a little way off yet.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

brad_2012060417321244
brad_2012060417321244
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (409 reputation)Senior Member (409 reputation)Senior Member (409 reputation)Senior Member (409 reputation)Senior Member (409 reputation)Senior Member (409 reputation)Senior Member (409 reputation)Senior Member (409 reputation)Senior Member (409 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
So... I just ran into this exactly as the OP did.  And unlike the OP, I'm not satiated.  There is absolutely no way CC3 should have been released without a functional appearance editor.  I am abandoning this software.  I don't care if they'll fix it in 3.1 or not.  They are irresponsible developers and border on criminal in the way they keep promising features that never get released, or don't work.  This is a new low.  A complete revocation and regression of a critical feature set.  And it's not a bug.  No, rather they intend it for a later point releaser?  That's utterly insane.  What a waste of money this has been.

Edited
6 Years Ago by brad_2012060417321244
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 45 minutes ago
brad_2012060417321244 (11/16/2018)
So... I just ran into this exactly as the OP did.  And unlike the OP, I'm not satiated.  There is absolutely no way CC3 should have been released without a functional appearance editor.  I am abandoning this software.  I don't care if they'll fix it in 3.1 or not.  They are irresponsible developers and border on criminal in the way they keep promising features that never get released, or don't work.  This is a new low.  A complete revocation and regression of a critical feature set.  And it's not a bug.  No, rather they intend it for a later point releaser?  That's utterly insane.  What a waste of money this has been.

Of course, if that makes you feel better. I would actually sue them and see how far that gets you. 

First of all the Appearance Editor is functional for clothing and for CC1 skin. It will be functional for CC3 skin, but it will take some time. Most of CC3 works at advertised. I can import DAZ characters with ease and I have even be able to use older iClone clothing by converting the to OBJ files.

There are two options for a company. One is to wait till everything is done and then release. This may be a year out and will lead to complaints. Or they can have a gradual release schedule as with CC3 and will then be confronted with another set of complaints.

Meanwhile, I'm having a lot of fun with CC3. It's your choice if you want to do the same.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Rogue Anime
Rogue Anime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Peter (RL) (11/13/2018)
Appearance Editor support for CC3 Base characters is coming in the 3.1 update but sadly that is still a little way off yet.

MANY of us are more than disappointed this was never mentioned BEFORE we purchased what I consider an incomplete program. (shades od 3DX7??)
If I have to use CC2 in order to use the appearance editor in order to put a character into CC3 WITHOUT the appearance editor is time consuming and ridiculous. "A little way off..." with Reallusion means next year if we are lucky, a fix for this coming in CC4 if we are not lucky. NOT what I paid for folks   ~V~

Val RogueAnanda
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e82de505-c57a-40b9-8cb0-9f87.png

Edited
6 Years Ago by Rogue Anime
wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Rogue Anime (11/17/2018)
Peter (RL) (11/13/2018)

MANY of us are more than disappointed this was never mentioned BEFORE we purchased what I consider an incomplete program. (shades od 3DX7??)
If I have to use CC2 in order to use the appearance editor in order to put a character into CC3 WITHOUT the appearance editor is time consuming and ridiculous. "A little way off..." with Reallusion means next year if we are lucky, a fix for this coming in CC4 if we are not lucky. NOT what I paid for folks   ~V~

You are way off on the assumption that a user has to first use the Appearance Editor in CC2 and then open the character in CC3. Any, and all, CC1-CC2 characters can be opened and adjusted inside CC3 using the Appearance Editor. The only ones "missing" this option at the moment are the newer CC3 characters, and that is due to the new 4K Substance development that is taking more time than first anticipated.

All of the functions that were available for CC1-CC2 characters in CC2 are still available for those characters in CC3, and these characters can even take full advantage of the options introduced with the Pipeline version.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Hi Rogue Anime

Here for the second time the same answer from me (as in another tread on this topic)
No - we do not have to go back to the CC 2 version
No - The Appearance Editor is not forgotten - it is present in CC 3 and works with clothes, eyes, teeth and CC 1/2 avatars (currently the CC 3 avatars are NOT yet - first with CC 3.1)
You can use the existing Appearance Editor but CC 1/2 avatars (which are also present in CC 3 - or were imported from CC 2) to edit these avatars and then convert to CC 3 avatars by pressing a button

I do not know why it is always argued that you have to use the CC 2 program to convert a CC 1/2 Avatar to a CC 3 Avatar in CC 3
Just pretend the two
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e8ee1268-9fc1-4f3c-9c65-ae3c.jpg

with Reallusion means next year if we are lucky, a fix for this coming in CC4 if we are not lucky.

CC 4 is nowhere mentioned. The Appearance Editor for the CC 3 Avatar comes with the patch CC 3.1. (Only when the comes, you do not know so well = penalty for RL)
Greets Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
Rogue Anime
Rogue Anime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

~

Val RogueAnanda
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e82de505-c57a-40b9-8cb0-9f87.png

Edited
6 Years Ago by Rogue Anime
Rottadamic
Rottadamic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Whit my new elite characters, I can not do the workaround whit cc2, the textures are unique and highly detailed, you don't have that in cc2
So I really have no option but to wait for 3.1 😞 I really only want to use these textures now, but it comes with the price of no workaround and forced use of photoshop

My Youtube Channel

Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Whit my new elite characters, I can not do the workaround whit cc2, the textures are unique and highly detailed, you don't have that in cc2

You do not have to work with the CC 2 program

How did you create your Elite figures?
Are they complete avatars or just clothes?
How do you want to bring her to CC 3?
Did you already try it?

Why do you have to wait for CC 3.1?

Greeting Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg

Reading This Topic