Align motion and pivot issue

Posted By Walvince Last Year
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
charly Rama
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 minutes ago
Walvince, you're not alone at all, as Sonic and Mike said,  we all found these problems but the solution?....even on the videos of demonstrations on marketplace I see foot sliding and so...

My computer : I7 24Go RAM GTX 1070ti 8Go and GTX 1050Ti4Go

sonic7
sonic7
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago

Yes it does seem very strange that the 'solution' of quite a few iCloners is to NOT show the feet (as a work-a-round) - yet they're avoiding showing animated feet from an 'animation' software lol ....
Anyway - we need to stay 'positive' and 'creative' ....

I get 'mixed results' from this method. Some 'close' to good, but others with a tad of gyration ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM, Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram Kinect V2 iClone-7.41  3DXChange Pro  CC-3 CT-8 Brekel Pro-Body Mocap  Popcorn FX  PopVideo  iRAY  Vegas Pro 16  Mixcraft 8.1 Pro

Edited
Last Year by sonic7
nealtucker
nealtucker
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
After working in iclone for about a year now on and off I've been working my way through my project for scene setting/lighting etc, with a tone of video tutorials from the great folk here, I am now on the character animations part which as you all say is a pain in the BUTT, to string a couple of convincing movements together is not easy, you end with one motion going one way and a new one going another, you can not just rotate him.......like you would expect to be able to do, you have to add a dummy prop, select character, link to the dummy, select dummy, Turn dummy to correct orientation, select character and play animation to see if it was correct, if not go back and tweak again, if good then hide dummy,....all this for an "animation" software!
Also, I find the only convincing animations including a simple walk is the mocap ones which you have to buy, the walk ones that come with Iclone I find not to be very good, on one I see a strange foot flick just on one leg?
The Mix Moves are a good idea and work well but we need more with more variations like walk then stop then walk backwards, Mix Move fighting to seamlessly create combat situations plus lot's more.
Thanks Sonic7 and others for the tips, I'll give it a try but it does show that this needs looking at for IC.
N. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View my latest Iclone project THEY ARE HERE Renegades versus the overlords Resize Editor
Dr. Nemesis
Dr. Nemesis
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Align motion is currently broken in 7.23.
Works in 7.21 and 7.22

In 7.23 moving the hip bone of an animation that has root bone rotation will have weird results.
This simple problem breaks several functions in Iclone, one of which is clip alignment.
I filed a bug a few weeks back.

https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Moving-a-character-s-root-bone-now-results-in-broken-animation

Edit:
sonic7 (11/12/2018)

Yes it does seem very strange that the 'solution' of quite a few iCloners is to NOT show the feet (as a work-a-round) - yet they're avoiding showing animated feet from an 'animation' software lol ....

Interestingly (maybe) this isn't just an Icloner thing. Walks can be among the more annoying animations to depict properly, partly because of foot issues so just not showing them saves work. Even in professional environments with more resources and using more expensive software you'll find people avoiding this unless it's specifically needed.
Edited
Last Year by Dr. Nemesis
sonic7
sonic7
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago

Neal  >>> " ... you have to add a dummy prop, select character, link to the dummy, select dummy, Turn dummy to correct orientation, select character and play animation to see if it was correct, ... " <<<
Yes .... I've been playing around with that approach myself - with, unfortunately, limited results.

@ DrNemesis ... I didn't realize Align Motion was broken ... well that explains why the results have been so 'hit and miss'. I'll add my vote right now ..... thanks. Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient with me ..... I don't always 'get it' the first time 'round - not even the 2nd time! Sad  - yikes! ... 
MSI GT72VR Laptop, i7 4-Core 3.8 GHz 16GB RAM, Nvidia 1070, 8GB Vram Kinect V2 iClone-7.41  3DXChange Pro  CC-3 CT-8 Brekel Pro-Body Mocap  Popcorn FX  PopVideo  iRAY  Vegas Pro 16  Mixcraft 8.1 Pro

Walvince
Walvince
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (745 reputation)Veteran Member (745 reputation)Veteran Member (745 reputation)Veteran Member (745 reputation)Veteran Member (745 reputation)Veteran Member (745 reputation)Veteran Member (745 reputation)Veteran Member (745 reputation)Veteran Member (745 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Thanks for all your feedbacks Smile
For my specific problem (because there's sadly never one solution for each transition problem) I may have found a workaround !
I add motion 1, add a transform key at the end
I add motion 2, add a transition key at the beginning
I add the desired transition from motion 1 to 2 and select "create transition clip" (just discovered this), right clicking on motion 2.
I "reset pivot" on this transition clip and then I tweak this transition with some transform key where needed.

The end steps allow me to keep the transition in place, removing this slide effect, I just have to add transform keys if the avatar must move during this transition.

sonic7 (11/12/2018)

Neal  >>> " ... you have to add a dummy prop, select character, link to the dummy, select dummy, Turn dummy to correct orientation, select character and play animation to see if it was correct, ... " <<<
Yes .... I've been playing around with that approach myself - with, unfortunately, limited results.

I never figured how to make this working. And I didn't understand why it could be better to link a dummy prop instead of just turning the avatar directly. I'll try again.

sonic7 (11/12/2018)

@ DrNemesis ... I didn't realize Align Motion was broken ... well that explains why the results have been so 'hit and miss'. I'll add my vote right now ..... thanks. Smile

Oh ! As a beginner I didn't know it was broken, I thought it was normal behaviour. I can not wait to see what it looks like when not broken.
Edited
Last Year by Walvince

Reading This Topic