Thinking about Deigning for CTA3

Posted By KenCoon 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
KenCoon
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I am thinking about making G2 Characters for CTA3.
I am not currently enrolled in the developer system so I don't have any idea what will come of it.
My big question is, " About how much can I hope to earn a month with 6 Characters listed and selling at about $10 each?
I do not want to invest in a lot of software and then find out I am spending more than I am making.
Thanks,
Ken
By the way, I am 78 years old and am not wanting to lose money on this venture. I am willing to take a little risk but not a large one.
Thanks again.
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
To actually make money you will need to be a Certified Developer and sell in the Content Store. Everyone can sell at the Market Place, but you will be paid in DA points, which you can then spend in the Market Place. The exception again is that when you are a Certified Developer you can cash out points.

I am not a certified Developer, so what I'm telling you is from memory. I have a few things in the Market Place, but they are free.

Before spending lots of money, I would start by looking what is currently available and what you can offer that is different.

I personally don't believe doing this is very profitable, unless you are a well-established developer that has been around for a long time.

EDIT: Fixed typo...Blush

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
6 Years Ago by animagic
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Thanks. Glad I didn't put a lot of money into it.

vidi
vidi
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
No matter how prominent you are , the important thing,  create what many like and do it present it nice. Selling is the most honest feedback of your work
But there is no a easy push button to make money Creativity, Skills and Talent are needed for to make lucrative stuff 
Btw. Actually The User Base are bigger as some are  thinking . The few active User in this Forum does not reflect the main costumer base

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I have been into art for the past 18 years so that part is no problem.
I have had several businesses in my lifetime and know about slow startup times and the long wait until you start making money.
I am just wondering if I have enough time left in this lifetime to break even.
I am 78 and not in the best of health.
Ken
coolhewitt24
coolhewitt24
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Developers will struggle to earn money from the marketplace. There are lots of costs associated with creating content.  Adobe software is generally standard software for creating content plus you need to add the cost of your computer and electricity.  I generally don't upload much because losing 40% isn't an incentive.  I've been doing as a hobby. I purchase content from the store with points gather from selling my content. Anyway, Its great to see new people interested in developing for the company.  I have a channel some information about developing.    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-_ReB1kqKNr-XIOEZggUWA 

Thanks for posting
Cool_hewitt
Edited
6 Years Ago by coolhewitt24

Reading This Topic