Live Face iPhone alternatives?

Posted By charles_samuel2000 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
charles_samuel2000
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (738 reputation)Veteran Member (738 reputation)Veteran Member (738 reputation)Veteran Member (738 reputation)Veteran Member (738 reputation)Veteran Member (738 reputation)Veteran Member (738 reputation)Veteran Member (738 reputation)Veteran Member (738 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 15 minutes ago
Do I have to use iphone X or XR for Live Face? Or can I use 

Apple iPhone 6S?

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You need to use an Apple device with a 3D camera.  At present the only devices are the iPhone X/S/R and the iPad Pro.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
charles_samuel2000
charles_samuel2000
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (738 reputation)Veteran Member (738 reputation)Veteran Member (738 reputation)Veteran Member (738 reputation)Veteran Member (738 reputation)Veteran Member (738 reputation)Veteran Member (738 reputation)Veteran Member (738 reputation)Veteran Member (738 reputation)

I read the 

Apple iPhone 7 Plus has a 3d camera (and a bit cheaper) is it just as good?

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

No, the 7 does not have a 3D camera -- only the phones with Face ID will have them (and it does not).

The cheapest right now is the iPhone XR -- around $750.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
charles_samuel2000
charles_samuel2000
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

A different Question

Thanks for the wisdom on iphones
I have two question since you seem the most knowledgeable (with experience). Do I need to purchase LEAP MOTION for hand movements even though Perception Nueron has finger gloves?

Also...Reallusion has a special ....Perception Neuron Connect body suit with Motion LIVE Bonus: Curve Editor Plug-in (Value: $149) reduced from $999 to  $499. Do you think this is a good deal?

lastly...is their Perception Neuron the 32 Neuron Edition V2?   I'm interested..but suspicious on how inexpensive it is from the Perception Neuron site.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

If you get the 32 Neuron PN (the only one of the 2.0 version they currently sell -- around $1500 last I looked) it has the finger movements you can capture.  I go back and forth on this -- while capturing the hands at the same time seems like a great idea, it really only works well (IMHO) if you have an apprentice, because once you have the gloves on it is REALLY hard to control the computer (or do much of anything).  Plus it's hard to get those gloves on.

So nowadays I only use the hand glove and capture hand movements, and indeed use my Leap motion (which I already had from many years back) along with the inexpensive (came free with Live when I bought that) plugin to add fingers later.  But it's up to you.

As to whether that's a good deal -- the deal AFAIK has ALWAYS been $500 for the PN plugin (separately from Live itself).  That does NOT include the suit -- it's only software.  So it's only a good deal if you actually want it (I don't use it -- the PN suit comes with its own software I like better).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
kungphu
kungphu
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I use the gloves with the suit all the time. I don’t find it difficult to mouse click. I just use an external mouse in my laptop. Works a treat. But after clicking and going through a bunch of scenes I do see my finger start to drift a bit. No worries, just have to recalibrate and viola, it works. I like capturing thefingers in one go. The leap motion is so cheap, it still a good idea to get it. Cheap and you can even travel with it.

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

charles_samuel2000
charles_samuel2000
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Since you are the "Go To, Man of Wisdom"
I have another question....If I purchase the Perception Neuron Profile for Motion LIVE Plug-in to use the suit with iclone 7. Do I still need to purchase the AXIS NEURON SOFTWARE?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The Axis software comes free with the PN hardware (which has to be purchased separately from the iClone software).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
charles_samuel2000
charles_samuel2000
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Locking items in place.

Whenever i put jewelries on my characters whether in Character creator 3 or iclone 7. When I try to do a pose, the items like rings glasses, necklace and wristlets come off. What can I do? Help!!  

Reading This Topic