how do we use base clothes in CC

Posted By waleshire 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
waleshire
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I purchased several of the Base Clothes to use in iClone 7 and CC2 but I can't find a tutorial that explains how to actually add colors and textures to the otherwise blank white clothes. Can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to use them?

Thanks,
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Probably the second one is what your after? Yes they are iClone 6 but still applies for iClone7

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
6 Years Ago by Delerna
waleshire
waleshire
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Hello,

I think this is the info I need but for some reason, as I follow the navigation, when I get to "Pattern" within the Appearance Editor, the video narrator clicks on "Diffuse" and is able to load a texture. That option doesn't appear for me, instead, I have and drop down menu labeled "Type" with a list of patterns to choose from "not images, just names" and I'm not sure why, does that make sense? The area I'm referring to in the 2nd video is at 1:32. 

I'll select one of the drop-down options and continue the process but I don't understand why it's different.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Just had a look into this.
OK. The tutorial was created in iClone6 which didn't have PBR if my memory is correct that came in iClone7.
And yes when I activated the appearance editor I didn't get the diffuse either.
I then unloaded the appearance editor and selected the  select substance material dropdown and selected  traditional which is what CC in iClone6 used.
I then activated the appearance editor and checked it again and now it has those texture maps as in the tutorial
So, while following that tutorial use traditional so it has what the tutorial shows and you will be able to follow things till you get familiar with it.
There are other tutorials on the PBR methods too.

The dropdown is shown on the right hand side of this image
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6d1e0ec1-e3e3-4f3f-818e-2546.png

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
6 Years Ago by Delerna
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

PBR is better to use but following the tutorial and using traditional will help you get familiar enough with the methods and you will start finding your own ways of doing things that suits your own preferences

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ooops double click the add post and it created twice

GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Edited
6 Years Ago by Delerna
waleshire
waleshire
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks again for all of your help. I really appreciate it!

Reading This Topic