Posted By Kelleytoons 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.

If you have ANY DAZ avatar, clothing or hair that doesn't work

Author
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 days ago
I find that V4 characters never work coming in, even the V4 Base default.  I noticed on Export it says "Figure (Legacy)" under Type. 
I wonder if yours shows that. 
Applying the T-Pose works fine, but CC3 never accepts in V4 default.
The only way I can get in V4 is to use the 4.2 Base.
You guys have the same?  
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I never use V4 (seldom use M4).  But is there a particular character you'd like me to try?

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Kelleytoons (5/27/2019)
I never use V4 (seldom use M4).  But is there a particular character you'd like me to try?

Hi Mike, thank you for asking.  It's not really a major one, just I have old scene characters that I would like to bring into iClone and I find I have to remap them from V4 onto V4.2 in Daz.
I noticed in the tutorials RL has they are using V4.2, maybe it i because the later "4.2" version that had more morph abilities and bone mapping., vs the original "4.0"

If I was to pick a character I am interested in, it would be the original stock out-of-box Poser-Daz V4 default. 
Not the V4.2 base, but the flat-original V4 base.  I have both in Daz.
Because I am wondering if there's something amiss, like as in the base original V4 should actually work upon import to CC3.

-Tony
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

My problem is I don't have the V4 base to even test - AFAIK you can't even get it anymore (I have 4.2 but that's easy to get).  I *might* have had it at one point (I had Poser installed back when dinosaurs ruled the earth) but no way I can get it now even to test.

Sorry -- as I said, I don't ever do anything with V4 but I thought I might be able to get a character in (AFAIK 4.2 is compatible with all V4 stuff, so much to the point that you can't even get the original anymore).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Gotcha, thx. now that I’ve looked into this it appears it is the 4.2 model that needs to be used. What I had been hoping for was all the originals I had done with 4.0 could just be exported over to CC3.
Trying to give some insights as to why some of the other earlier poser character sets are not compatible yet. Perhaps it is the lack of bone-rig and morph abilities for these earlier models in Daz itself.

Well, would be nice if they surprised us one day where any and all Daz-Poser models could be exported over, and given a rig in CC3.
Edited
5 Years Ago by TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hey Mike, I actually have another one for you today-
I have found some Daz Gen 2,3,8 hairs refuse to transfer in the properly-exported Daz-morphs, when brought into CC3 as 'Hair', but if I leave as 'Cloth', they come in with morphs.

Do you see any usage issues with such workaround, leaving a hair as 'cloth'?
(I guess I could mention hairs with this issue in an FBT as well.)
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I've talked about leaving or changing hair to cloth in a lot of my tutorials -- nothing wrong with it (and the only way you can have more than one hairstyle at the same time).  I'm wondering if you brought them in as cloth and then weighted them as hair whether they would lose their morphs, though?  If not, you could do that.

The only possible downside is twofold -- you will need to remember where they are (they can't be stored in the hair folder) as well as get no auto replace if you do put another hairstyle on.  For those two reasons, though, I would make an effort to convert them back to hair if I could.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Mike, one such hair that can’t come in, as ‘Hair,, with hair morphs to CC3 is Leyton Hair for G2F/G3F. But it can come in as ‘Cloth,.

But then, you know what is also interesting and different about this hair, it comes in almost like a hood, where the part of the long hair that is resting on the shoulders actually stays on shoulders while the rest of the head hair moves with the head.

Which seems great, right?!..
BUT-
No morphs show up in the morph animator for some strange reason, even though they, as Clith, showed up in CC3.

But other hairs and other cloths show up in iClobe’s morph animator animation section just fine.

So there is definitely something up with this hair!!

I wonder if it is the way it itself is rigged somehow.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Well, there IS a way to get the morph sliders into iClone, but you're not gonna like it.

If you export the hair from Daz as an FBX (hair only) with the morphs you want, and then open it up in 3DX and then just send it to iClone it will come in with all the morphs, which you can then add by using Morph Creator.  And then they work just fine in iClone with Morph animator.

You'd have to attach it to the avatar as an accessory, though, and there's no way to get the hair back to CC3 without losing the morphs (and having the hair reset back to its original configuration).  Because CC3 doesn't allow us to create morphs on accessories or clothing once they are in CC3, there's not much we can to do improve this.

It's odd, I grant you.  I don't care much that I don't have the morphs in iClone, but it sure sucks that you can't use them in CC3 (you can apply them, but they go away when you export to iClone).

It's nice hair -- as a rule I almost never use morphs on hair but use it the way it comes, but the length and crown morphs with this hair are very useful.  Too bad we can't use them.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Zkeko
Zkeko
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)Veteran Member (536 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi there, 
I am sorry Kelleytoones if this isn't the right tread for my comment. 
Its the famous "jaw mapping issue" that Im facing. The one in 3dxchange with DAZ Genesis 3 model (or any other model when imported with facial animation on it).
Working on a important stage of my project in which I want to import some different models into Iclone to continue working on their animations.  Because they contain dialog (facial mocap animation) I realized that only way for me to do that was using available pz2 output file, first to export it to DAZ G3 model, and then back to Iclone, where I can easely copy/paste animation from one character to another. 

Placing pz2 on Genesis 3 character in DAZ (4.11 beta, as well as 4.10) was ok, (Genesis3_Male_iCloneFaceKey.duf updated). G3 is "talking" fine in DAZ, fbx 2011 binary export went fine. Now, in 3dxchange, while opening, if I press "Ok" 3 times a row, I got DAZ G3 character who is moving head, but no mouth opening. On pressing convert to non standard I am in custom profile window, with the warning ("Jaw is not mapped etc..."). Fallowing tutorial on mapping I mapped all jaw and other face bones, but result is the same (nothing changed). 

Now, lets go back again to place the exported fbx G3 inside the 3dxchange window, this time on first question window if we  say "No" import is quick and here we have non/converted DAZ model with talking ability (mouth is opening, animation is exact), but hey, I can export that model for Iclone only as a prop, not as an avatar, of course (and with prop I don't have face puppet and other facial tuning tools I desperately need), so there is no use for that. So, what is left, I can only try to make it non/standard , but hey... it doesn't work, all profiles are grayed out and Im back where I was...NOWHERE!

Obviously, DAZ export is non questionable, (proof for that is secondly mentioned "no" import) . Problem is initiate at the exact moment when 3dxchange is making automatic bone structure conversion  (when we press 3 times "yes" ). At that point 3dxchange is missing jaw and other face bone elements which are present in a DAZ bone structure (visually available from the 3dxchange left column). As I found out from all forum treats this problem is GLOBAL and present for several years now / still not fixed. We simply cant call this a "bug". It is too serious malfunction of this not so cheap piece of software. Unfortunately for me (and  as we can see for great number of other Reallusion customers), this is the "stop and do something else in your life" situation.

Now, if you still think that it is only DAZ problem, I dare anyone to try any third party facial mocap on any model you like (I tried several models), even on any Reallusion character. For any model workflow you are facing 3dxchange anyway, and you will be trapped in the same obstacle.  
So... BIG FACT / there is no Facial Mocap possibility at all, with any 3d model (without using Reallusion  Faceware or so) at this point!
I hope I didn't missed some already fixed or answered question with this one. I didn't want to put it in the feedback tracker, because  this seems to me the more "live" discussion method.

Thanks

Intel Core i9-7920X 2.90 gigahertz
Intel Optane+1.8TBSSD
64 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti  11GB
Windows 10 Home (x64), Iclone 7, 3DXchange pipeline 7

Reading This Topic