If you have ANY DAZ avatar, clothing or hair that doesn't work

Posted By Kelleytoons 4 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.

If you have ANY DAZ avatar, clothing or hair that doesn't work

Author
Revmagi
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hello, 

That looks awesome and would support my needs. Can you tell me how you did that or point me to a tutorial to walk through this process. I have been poring over this for over a month now. I started with Daz3D and bought a ton of assets, and then decided to move to CC3/4 and iClone7/8 with all the plugins, and I can not find any dresses like this which are part of the work I am trying to learn to do. I am a complete newbie to everything here, so really starting at level 0. Thanks in advance. 
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
You have to acquire some skills in weight painting and physics for this project.
There are probably plenty of tutorials on RL channel and Mike has some.
But I made this brief one right to the point on how to weight paint this particular dress/skirt and then I shared my physics settings in iClone for it.
B/W physics gradient maps would certainly be different for your dress and would depend on the UV map. Look at the Mikes youtube channel, I think he has some tutorial on physics weight maps.
I also made this huge collision shape sphere for the hip and moved it down so that bottom of the skirt stay in place and does not fold much.

Revmagi
Revmagi
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hello, 

Thank you so much for your time on the explanation of how to work with these associations with bones and weights and physics. I have a ton to learn. I am trying to move from 2D to 2D and I like what CC has to offer of Daz3D.  I have now invested in CC3/4, iClone 7/8, Substance Painter as as of today Marvelous Designer. I have a grand project in the plans for the next year, which I believe may take longer... LOL... as I need to learn ALL of the programs to that I can perfect my pipeline flow to eventually get to what I want.  You am sure this is small potatoes for you, but I appreciate your kindness and help in my road to learning. I will check out all of the tutorials to help me understand more of what you have shared here. Thank you very much. 

mrl
mrl
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
Hi! I’m having an issue with the armpits on this spacesuit (using CC4 but tried CC3 as well). It’s “Universe Explorer for Genesis 8 Male”. It imports mostly fine, but I’m having an issue with the armpits:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6a741798-c1e2-41a5-b225-6264.jpg

I don’t have the best understanding of skin weights, but I did watch a few tutorials and try smoothing some things out there as well as with the mesh, but it didn’t seem to help.

Any suggestions on how to get it working?

Thanks!

Mirror Valley
*Tales of the Strange and Unusual*
Mirror Valley on Youtube
Edited
Last Month by mrl
Auroratrek
Auroratrek
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (727 reputation)Veteran Member (727 reputation)Veteran Member (727 reputation)Veteran Member (727 reputation)Veteran Member (727 reputation)Veteran Member (727 reputation)Veteran Member (727 reputation)Veteran Member (727 reputation)Veteran Member (727 reputation)

Banging my head about this one: I'm trying to Transform a Daz M4 figure with a custom head morph that I bought as a "character" with morphs and textures into CC3. (I have CC4, but saw the warnings about that.)

The figure Transforms fine with the textures on it, but when I apply the head morph, it errors out and says it's an "unsupported" character. The morph doesn't utilize the Daz morphs++, and doesn't appear as a slider in the Morphs list. Is there a work around for this? The Character is Trystan by Raiya. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ea95ac6a-b5f6-4d74-a75d-effd.png

On my Youtube Channel: Quest of the Key teaser
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.9K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
G8F default, Bardot Outfit (Renderosity)

In like a Lamb....
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/26572655-44fd-44c6-9db5-3456.jpg

Out like a Lion
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0b7de6a8-5e22-4c9f-a5d9-56e9.jpg

And she came in sticking her tongue out at me?
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/53becb77-d288-4ff9-9c17-8aad.jpg

I used TPose like she wanted....what'd I do wrong?
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Nothing really...
Transformer in CC4 is a hot mess. Use CC3 if you still have it around.

jeff.davies
jeff.davies
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (943 reputation)Veteran Member (943 reputation)Veteran Member (943 reputation)Veteran Member (943 reputation)Veteran Member (943 reputation)Veteran Member (943 reputation)Veteran Member (943 reputation)Veteran Member (943 reputation)Veteran Member (943 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
mrl (6/10/2022)
Hi! I’m having an issue with the armpits on this spacesuit (using CC4 but tried CC3 as well). It’s “Universe Explorer for Genesis 8 Male”. It imports mostly fine, but I’m having an issue with the armpits

It looks to me that if the weight painting is not the issue, then the mesh itself may be a problem. With the character at rest, you can see what appears to be a single vertex stuck to the arm. Its likely a weight paint issue, but you never know!

- Jeff
The Adventures of Capt Sanchez
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.9K reputation)

4u2ges (6/23/2022)

Nothing really...
Transformer in CC4 is a hot mess. Use CC3 if you still have it around.

Go back with my Ex?   
Okay, well if you have any words that work given I left CC3 for CC4, I'd love to hear.  I guess I just say I still have feelings or something...
Wait...nah...I'll say that CC3 drove me away but it can make it up to me now by importing Daz in right....
Yeah....
Cool - I appreciate this, thanks so much!

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Damn...CC3 told me that it was done worrying about everyone else, and that it was now putting its own priorities first.
So I asked it why it sounded so sad, and it got mad and told me to F off.  Then it actually called me and said it was sorry but it's not ready to just act like nothing happened.  I told CC3 that CC4 was just not importing like I thought it would and that it made me value things like 3DXchange, Blender, and Daz even more.. 
CC3 then starting crying, asking me to export to it from Daz, and it imported my file in, and now look....

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c3c3e85a-41dc-44a8-ba6b-9380.jpg

Thanks again for the advice 4u2ges!

Reading This Topic