Posted By Kelleytoons 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.

If you have ANY DAZ avatar, clothing or hair that doesn't work

Author
sungod
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
@Kellytoons
Can you suggest any good Hair for Male formal looking.

I have most of the ones from reallusion store but I am looking for something Equivalent to SWAM hairs.
I made mistake of not asking your opinion and bought a male DAZ hair which I had to eventually refund due to issues.
I will try to find again but if you have any which works great will be deeply appreciated.

Regards
Sun
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
777ideas (7/13/2020)
Wow! Thanks a lot about your help!!! I really appreciate!
If you don't mind I have one more question about long rope exporting from DAZ to iClone, because bottom part of it moving in fancy way.
Here is video on that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8mMo32D9qA

Sorry again about for so many questions and thank you again!

If you mean "robe" instead of "rope" the problem is that, as you note, it's weighted as pants.  You need to weight that as a skirt, so just take that particular clothing item, reweight it as a skirt or dress, and it should solve nearly all the problems (you still may need to apply some physics weight mapping to that to get it perfect, but I have a lot of tutorials on that process and it's difficult to describe them all here, particularly since my time on my desk is limited due to my surgical recovery -- hopefully tomorrow I'll have my laptop but in the meantime I try and steal a few minutes here and there).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
sungod
sungod
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

sungod (7/13/2020)
@Kellytoons

I have most of the ones from reallusion store but I am looking for something Equivalent to SWAM hairs.
I made mistake of not asking your opinion and bought a male DAZ hair which I had to eventually refund due to issues.
I will try to find again but if you have any which works great will be deeply appreciated.

Regards
Sun

Maybe this one will work in CC3
https://www.daz3d.com/lennie-hair-for-genesis-3-and-genesis-8-males  All the best for speedy recovery.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

sungod (7/13/2020)
@Kellytoons

Regards
Sun

You may need to be more specific -- there is a LOT of Daz hair which will work (and a lot which doesn't) and while I can advise you if something specific will or won't there are SO many styles it's hard to know what you are looking for.  If you have an image of something you are seeking I might be able to find something equivalent.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
777ideas
777ideas
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Kelleytoons (7/13/2020)
777ideas (7/13/2020)
Wow! Thanks a lot about your help!!! I really appreciate!
If you don't mind I have one more question about long rope exporting from DAZ to iClone, because bottom part of it moving in fancy way.
Here is video on that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8mMo32D9qA

Sorry again about for so many questions and thank you again!

If you mean "robe" instead of "rope" the problem is that, as you note, it's weighted as pants.  You need to weight that as a skirt, so just take that particular clothing item, reweight it as a skirt or dress, and it should solve nearly all the problems (you still may need to apply some physics weight mapping to that to get it perfect, but I have a lot of tutorials on that process and it's difficult to describe them all here, particularly since my time on my desk is limited due to my surgical recovery -- hopefully tomorrow I'll have my laptop but in the meantime I try and steal a few minutes here and there).

Yes sorry for mistyping! Wishing you quick recovery and will let you know results! Thanks again

sungod
sungod
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons (7/13/2020)
sungod (7/13/2020)
@Kellytoons

Regards
Sun

You may need to be more specific -- there is a LOT of Daz hair which will work (and a lot which doesn't) and while I can advise you if something specific will or won't there are SO many styles it's hard to know what you are looking for.  If you have an image of something you are seeking I might be able to find something equivalent.

1)
https://www.daz3d.com/lennie-hair-for-genesis-3-and-genesis-8-males
or 
2)
https://www.daz3d.com/short-fade-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8-females-and-males

3) I had bought this https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-corporate-hair-for-genesis-8-male-and-females  with bad results.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

As I said above, avoid any hair that has dForce in it (they just don't work well in CC3).

Lennie hair is okay, but very "heavy" hair (it's nearly 1 million polys).  You can reduce the polys, but in general this is a losing proposition (you're using chasing your tail.  If the hair needs that reduction it then won't look very good.  And vice versa).

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e655d709-f73e-4c4e-be05-2ab7.png

The short fade hair is a combination of poly and fiber.  The poly part looks okay, but the fiber "short" part of the equation doesn't look good (looks like someone didn't shave very well).  Again, stay away from fibermesh stuff.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a02addec-3b0d-4376-8280-195d.png

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
sungod
sungod
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you  Kellytoons.
I hope new laptop is working fine for you and all the best for fast recovery.
Edited
4 Years Ago by sungod
777ideas
777ideas
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)Junior Member (194 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Mike Kelley
Quick question on the next models. Let me know which are good to export into CC3 and iClone with their hairs
Thank you so much!

https://www.daz3d.com/asher-hd-for-genesis-8-male

https://www.daz3d.com/kai-for-jonathan-8

https://www.daz3d.com/theo-hd-for-michael-8

https://www.daz3d.com/bruno-hd-for-michael-8

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

General comments first.

HD characters will not import into CC with those HD details.  They will come in "smoothed out" so don't be disappointed if you lose a lot.  The new SkinGen will allow you to get *some* detail back with combining normals maps, but the modeling details will never be translated.  As a very general rule I don't use any HD models from Daz unless they are so extreme (like a Boar man) losing detail won't be a problem.

And we always mention (but worth mentioning again) that fibermesh hair is a Bad Idea -- doesn't animate well, doesn't look well.  I would stay away from anything with eyebrows made of it.

So -- pass on all four of these, due to fibermesh eyebrows/beard and HD details which will be lost.  Honestly, with Headshot you can create a lot better characters yourself directly inside of CC3.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic