Posted By Kelleytoons 6 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.

If you have ANY DAZ avatar, clothing or hair that doesn't work

Author
Rampa
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 14 minutes ago
Try the dress setting as well.
facr73
facr73
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Thanks for all your help.

I also have tried to bring as dress too, but with no good results. The best I can do is bringing as an accessory but it looks weired.
I will try other possibilities and post here my advances.

Thanks guys for all.
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Capes are a pain. But it can be done. Here are my few cents.

I do not know what DAZ mesh looks like, but it should not be too dense (< 2000 - 3000 polygons).
Regardless how it was weighted, CC will not do it right. Custom paint in Blender might require.
But it is not worth the effort to weight paint mesh under arms so that cape accurately drapes when she lowers them.
What cape is all about, is right physics weight map and physics settings.
This is an improvised cape simulated in Blender.

Weights/Mesh

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/78584b48-7039-4a88-81f2-40b5.jpg

Physics map with UV overlay for reference

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6f7af975-db22-4d67-8ff8-b69b.jpg

Physics settings

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2043287a-7a77-4d09-9e72-7aa4.jpg

I am about 90% satisfied with the result

Note: scrabbling timeline still produce this though...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c1adc32c-8e7a-411d-bf2a-0c1d.jpg

Edited
4 Years Ago by 4u2ges
facr73
facr73
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Hi, thanks.

That's what I'm looking for.
I will try your suggestions and see if I can do it.

Reallusion CC3 should have something to aid these kind of clothes. Or even make a tutorial on how to do it.

Thanks again. 
facr

te]4u2ges (5/11/2020)
Capes are a pain. But it can be done. Here are my few cents.

I do not know what DAZ mesh looks like, but it should not be too dense (< 2000 - 3000 polygons). 
Regardless how it was weighted, CC will not do it right. Custom paint in Blender might require.
But it is not worth the effort to weight paint mesh under arms so that cape accurately drapes when she lowers them.
What cape is all about, is right physics weight map and physics settings.
This is an improvised cape simulated in Blender.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 10 minutes ago
You're right, Mr. G, but the problem is that most Daz devs don't develop their stuff that way (some, but not most).  As a result the stuff often is kind of a mess when it comes in via Transformer and sometimes (most?) there is little you can do to fix.

This is why I always suggest that if there is a particular Daz item someone wants to buy they let me know -- most of the time I can check it out in advance and tell them if it's worth it or not.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
facr73
facr73
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi. Mike.

Yeah, you're right. Next time I ask before. I was looking forward to this item and got it with 50% and it was a fair deal.
Next time I ask :-)

greets
John1950
John1950
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)Veteran Member (845 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am looking to purchase the DAZ Gentlemen Library but first explore the difficulties of importing to Iclone7. I am not so interested in the poser avatars as the scene and other furnishings. Do you think this is a rather cut and dry doable or am I opening up a can of worms? I have the 3dxchange Daz extention. I appreciate your time and look forward to your reply. Thank You

John A Tillard, 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Can you provide a direct link on the Daz store to this item?  There are a TON of things that fit that "Gentlemen" category.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
mrl
mrl
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)Veteran Member (914 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

Hi Mike! I’m having an issue importing various outfitsfrom the DAZ store. It doesn’t happen with all of them, but with severaldifferent outfits, when I use Transformer to take the model into Character Creator,I end up with the issue with the pants that you see below:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/73352a36-73aa-4986-8b7b-7565.jpg 

Strangely, if I export the DAZ figure without properlyapplying the reallusion t-pose to it first, the pants work just fine, but thenI have an issue with the armpits seen here:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b9b4950f-2e0a-421d-99c7-7069.jpg

I’ve experienced this with several outfits, not just the onepictured above.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Mirror Valley
*Tales of the Strange and Unusual*
Mirror Valley on Youtube
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Just take the T-Pose (in Daz) and move the legs apart.  This is known as a modified T-pose and is, indeed, my standard import pose.  There's no advantage using the regular T-pose and, as you have found, at times there is a disadvantage.  The modified T-pose takes care of that.

About the only time it doesn't work well is if there is a very tight-fitting longer outfit -- perhaps a long trenchcoat, say, or maybe a very long but still tight-fitting dress.  In those cases you will need to use the standard T-pose but don't import pants at the same time (you can do them separately).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic