Profile Picture

Can I animate own character with standard version?

Posted By heini.feichtinger 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
heini.feichtinger
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)Junior Member (228 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Ich habe vor einigen Tagen Crazytalk Animator 3 Standard gekauft und habe folgendes Problem: vor 72 Jahren hatte meine Mutter für mich ein Kinderbuch gezeichnet, welches die Geschichte einer Hasenmutter und ihrer Kinder beschreibt. Ich würde diese Geschichte gerne animieren. Bevor ich tiefer in die Software einsteige, würde ich gerne die folgende Frage abklären: In einem Video ist gezeigt, wie man einen eigenen Charakter animiert. Der Charakter muss dabei z.B. mit Photoshop gezeichnet werden, wobei die zu bewegenden Glieder des Körpers auf verschiedenen Ebenen gespeichert werden. Dieser Charakter kann dann z.B. als PSD-file in den Crazytalk Animator importiert werden. Leider betraf diese Beschreibung die Pipeline Edition und nicht die Standard Edition, die ich gekauft habe. Bisher habe ich für die Standard Edition nur Videos und Beispiele gesehen, wo die mit der Software gelieferten Template Charakter verwendet werden.
Meine Frage: kann ich "meine Hasen" als PSD-files in meinen Crazytalk Animator 3 Standard importieren und die Hasen "zum Leben bringen"? Oder muss ich upgraden ? Untenstehend die englische Uebersetzung meiner Anfrage:

Some days ago I have bought Crazytalk Animator 3 Standard and now I have the following problem: 72 years ago my mother designed a fairybook for me, describing the story of "mother hare" and her children. I would like to animate this story. Before going deeper into the details of the software I would like to get an answer to the following question: in a video I saw how to animate a self-made character. This character has to be painted e.g. with Photoshop and all movable limbs have to be stored on different layers. In this way such a character can be e.g. imported as a PSD-file to crazytalk animator and then outfitted with a ready-made skeleton. My problem is that this video was meant for the "Pipeline" Edition and not the "Standard" Edition which I have bought. Up to now I have only seen videos and descriptions for my edition where only  template characters delivered with the program are used.
My question: Is it possible to import "my hares" as PSD-files into the "Standard" version and "bring the hares to life" ? Or do I have to upgrade?

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

Unfortunately the Standard edition does not allow you to create your own full bodied custom characters. You can use the existing characters that come with CTA3, or those purchased from the Content Store, but you can't create your own characters. To create custom characters using the PSD templates requires the Pipeline edition and to create full bodied characters within CTA3 itself requires the Pro or Pipeline version.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
6 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
morelia.frank
morelia.frank
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Can someone point me to a video tutorial showing how to construct custom G3 characters with CTA3 Pro version? How to bring in character pieces created in an external graphics program such as Affinity Designer, etc. Thanks! I don't want to get the PIPELINE version ... I want to accomplish boning custom characters: legs, arms, head, hair back, hair front, neck, etc. (PNG/PDF/vector) from pieces imported from another program. Thanks!

The Frankly Speaking Show
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

There are various ways to create a custom character in CTA 3 Pro, but if you wish to create a G3 character that is compatible with all G3 motion files, then please watch the tutorial below.

https://youtu.be/kN-mKg5KlmM

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

msafira10
msafira10
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)New Member (21 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I already tried that tutorial and I'm using pro version, but i can't animated my own character which is a png file..
is anyone can give a clue

thanks
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

msafira10 (12/21/2018)
I already tried that tutorial and I'm using pro version, but i can't animated my own character which is a png file..
is anyone can give a clue

thanks

To be able to help you we will need more information explaining what you have done so far and also include a screenshot showing the issues you are having. If you are following a particular tutorial, please tell us which one and at which point in the tutorial you get stuck.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic