CTA3 - newbie user - problem with moving and placing props

Posted By martin.dean 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

CTA3 - newbie user - problem with moving and placing props

Author
martin.dean
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I am a new user and trying to learn CTA3.
When I add a prop to the stage, it almost invariably places an 'anchor' at the drop point and any attempt to move it, causes an animation path to be created.  The only way to move it without creating the path is to 'Remove Object Animation'.  This happens with almost all props.  Am a somehow mis-selecting the prop on the stage before moving it?

Also - CTA3 crashes when I close it (have raised ticket for this)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Just ensure you position all your props correctly at frame 1 and you won't encounter this problem. 

If you move your prop at frame 100 for example you are setting transform keyframes that will cause the prop to transition from point a at frame 1 to point b at frame 100.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

martin.dean
martin.dean
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)Senior Member (311 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Thank you for that response - it makes absolute sense and I realise now that my frame setting was all over the place!  - newbie error!

Reading This Topic