Polygon Reduction?...

Posted By Spiny Norman 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Spiny Norman
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
My original reason for purchasing CC 3 was the ability to reduce polygon count on characters, making it much easier to have larger numbers in shot. I am loading old CC 2 figures to play around with this, but 'Polygon Reduction-Oject' and 'Polygon Reduction-Element' are greyed out? Also I keep being told I need the Export License to modify my character. I have no trouble paying an extra $50 or so to upgrade, if that is what is really needed, but paying another $200 just to be able to modify polygon count on a character seems a bit much. I have no interest in games and do not wish to export to any program other than IClone? Am I missing something?..

iClone 7.93/8.01, 6.0 Pro, 5.5 Pro, 3DXchange Pro, Character Creator 3/4, CrazyTalk Animator 2.5 Pro

Homebuilt computer - Windows10, 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K   3.00 GHz Nvidia RTX 3090 Graphics, 64GB DDR5 RAM,  MS-7306 motherboard, 12 terabytes of disk space, 28” monitor and Optoma UJHD65-LV projector. 
Update

Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
m I missing something?..         

No you do not miss anything (look at the pictures)
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6d17fc2f-e017-4c49-9701-2c9e.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/786e686a-ed59-4017-954d-4b6b.jpg

if that is what is really needed, but paying another $200 just to be able to modify polygon count on a character seems a bit much. I have no interest in games and do not wish to export to any program other than IClone?

That's the most annoying thing about the LOD PlugIN.
You can not create poly-reduced LOD avatars
which one has done with the help of RL-Kleidung and has no export license to !!

It is denied the creation of such avatars with reference to the missing export license.
It works when you import clothes from DAZ, self-made clothes
and clothing the oer obj file was imported.
Since I have no interest in playing and so on, and I only want to use these avatars in IClone, I have already turned to RL. Answer: My concerns are communicated to the CC 3 team. Now I have put the topic in the feedbak tracker
Maybe RL has meant that anyone who buys CC 3 pipeline only wants to make the player's position or the creation of images via IRay. That you also want to make polyreduzierte avatars in IClone 7, was probably not so much in focus.

Greets from Germany
Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 51 minutes ago
You can reduce your character by converting to game bone. It will still work with all the morphs.
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

You can reduce your character by converting to game bone. It will still work with all the morphs.                               

Hello Rampa,
that's right. I can do this. For this I do not need the export license. I only have one texture map but the avatar is still around 50,000 polygons (as CC 2/3 Avatar 75,000)
But this is NOT feasible
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/24e17a12-80cb-481e-93f6-42b4.png
Here are the (most) avatars only 5000 polygons in size.
As I said: I can create such avatars already by fbx export
but NOT with clothing from the RL-Fundus (for example, the base templates from the Wizzard or Assassin package or Essentel - .Clothes or hair, etc.) For this you need the export licenses. But I do not leave the RL area (and I do not want to leave it because I have nothing to do with the game-engineering). I just want to export from one RL program (CC 3 pipeline) to the other RL program (Iclone 7), which will not work without an Export license. (which in turn causes considerable additional costs)

I just do not know why that nobody seems to want or understand.

Greetings from Germany
Postfrosch

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Postfrosch (11/9/2018)

I just do not know why that nobody seems to want or understand.

Hi Postfrosch… Please be assured your feedback regarding requiring export licenses when sending to iClone is being reviewed. I will update again when I know more. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Spiny Norman
Spiny Norman
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Thanks everyone, for the responses...I'm glad I'm not alone. I held off for two months on a project waiting for CC 3, and to now find it won't do what seemed to be indicated in the WIP video's is completely frustrating. Thank's Peter for letting RFL know...now I go back to waiting...

iClone 7.93/8.01, 6.0 Pro, 5.5 Pro, 3DXchange Pro, Character Creator 3/4, CrazyTalk Animator 2.5 Pro

Homebuilt computer - Windows10, 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K   3.00 GHz Nvidia RTX 3090 Graphics, 64GB DDR5 RAM,  MS-7306 motherboard, 12 terabytes of disk space, 28” monitor and Optoma UJHD65-LV projector. 
Update

animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 minutes ago
Well, to add another voice, I also have no interest in game export, and I also was under the impression that reduced poly-count characters would be usable in iClone. So clarification would be most welcome.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Peter
Hi Postfrosch… Please be assured your feedback regarding requiring export licenses when sending to iClone is being reviewed. I will update again when I know more.

Thank you for your efforts.
I have already reported the problem many times. (eg in different treads right after the release of CC 3) Last in the feedbacktracker

I put it in the feedback tracker
Issue 5369
RL clothing templates require export version of the clothing templates...

And in this Forum
https://forum.reallusion.com/389199/RL-clothing-templates-require-export-version-of-the-clothing-templates-for-running-the-LOD-for-polyreduction
Here your answer:
Hi Postfrosch… Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. I will pass on your feedback to the CC3 team. Once I know more I will update again.         

Greets Postfrosch

Edited
6 Years Ago by Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi animagic
Well, to add another voice, I also have no interest in game export, and I also was under the impression that reduced poly-count characters would be usable in iClone. So clarification would be most welcome.         

To make it clear again:
You can create poly-reduced avatars for IClone with the LOD PlugIn
(see picture), send to 3dx7 via fbx and use 7 asl non-standard AvataR in IClone. (see picture above) but only if clothing, hair, etc. comes from sources other than RL

But if you RL Kleidung or RL Accessoirs or RL hair used
you need the EXPORT license for these parts. Without existing export license
refuses the LOD plugin with a reference to the non-existent export license.

To reduce my avatars I made on the basis of RL Bases (Assassins etc) via LOD PlugIn (eg: 5000 Polys) I now need the export license, although the reduced avatar does not leave the RL system (from RL CC3 to RL Iclone 7 VIA fbx and 3dx7).
I think that you should sort it out somehow.

Other avatars CC 2 / CC 3 and CC 3 Game Base I can send very well as iAvatar to RL 7 and need for it NO export license

greets
Postfrosch

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
FT ticket 5160 asks for this feature, which was also my main reason to buy the pipeline version.
If you haven't voted yet, pls, cast a vote for it.

Long time ago Peter already confirmed that they are going to work on it, but unfortunately we do not have a precise schedule yet.
Hope RL is going to put enough focus on it.

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Reading This Topic