Nvidia RTX 2080 ti card failers

Posted By Kevin.S 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
argus1000
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Today @ 12:42 AM
IamAnonymous (6/29/2019)
wow you people, those titan cards cost a fortune here in Europe. 2K and 3K in euro's. I mean WOW that is a LOT of money!!

You bet! Since  bought my nVidia Titan RTX 24 GB VRAM (USD $2499), I have to take my meals now at the soup kitchen.

But I get performance!

My latest movie THE GOLDEN MAN, and a few othershttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIl1EqVCKitZzLqaNnLK0BA
rgreenidge
rgreenidge
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Iam, I hope you got the system you want. I am baffled, humming? Okay in the Netherlands you use 240v and 50 Hz. I wonder if that is the 50 Hz or power supply you hear. I haven't heard computers hum here, and I lost count of how many I built. Back in the days of recording music, no one recorded in the control room, because the tape machines made noises. Today I like recording in the control room if I can. I have a full size case with 5-120 mm case fans, with a front panel fan control that I leave in auto. Two fans on top, front, and one in the back. My CPU has two 120 mm, the power supply has a monster fan. The computer is on the floor with no sound isolating padding. Unless my head is near the computer, I can't even tell when it is on even when it is rendering overnight. I have to wait to see if the hard drive led will flicker to tell me it is still alive, because I turn off the monitors. Up to last week I recorder everyone right in the control room. My microphones are picking nothing up from the computer. I did check the stated noise level of the case fans before I bought them. But the air conditioner and if I use a fan in the room they have to be turned off If I record. I have a GTX1080 card with 3 fans also. So that's 11 fans total I have blowing and I have to put my head about 6 inches away to hear them at all. Magnetic, and Optical hard drives, can make some strange noises now and then. But if you have a solid state drive, quiet case fans and a power supply. Humming usually comes from the line frequency, or something being shorted. Do you have a step down transformer or voltage reducer for computer to use at 120 volts, that could be the hum your husband hears? Good luck. 

Home built; ASRock X570 Pro 4, AMD Ryzen 9-5950X CPU, AMD RADEON RX6900XT, 16GB video card, 131GB of RAM.

Reading This Topic