Substitude a character without losing the animation

Posted By dourvas 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
dourvas
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Is it possible?
I want to change a character I used in a bunch of my videos to some other character without having to create the animations again. Is this possible?
Let me move one step further. Is it possible to change the color skin of any of the CTA2 basic characters to colored?
Edited
6 Years Ago by dourvas
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
What type of character are you using? G1, G2, or G3?

Typically you can select the existing character and then double click the new character and it will replace only the character leaving the animations intact.

Depending upon the type of character how you would change the colors of the character.
If it is a G1 character then you would have to do a sprite replacement.
For a G2 character that is render style compatible (RS), you can change the colors of the various render style groups from the Composer or use my EZColor system (available in the Marketplace) [shameless plug].
If it is not an RS G2 character then, if you have CTA pipeline, you can make it RS compatible by assigning the various sprites to the various render style groups.
If it is a G3 character then you use a photo editor to change the colors.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Reading This Topic