Profile Picture

What tutorial for bringing Daz characters into CC 3.02 is considered the most current? I know things...

Posted By jarretttowe 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

What tutorial for bringing Daz characters into CC 3.02 is considered...

Author
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 hours ago
Sounds like sort of a file-writing permission problem, which are often hard to trace.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
What about getting all the extra layers you can add to a Genesis skin like tattoos? And what about Gen 8 characters with only mesh eyebrows? I'd love if CC had a skin creator where you could really dig in and add different eyebrows and skin elements. Wasn't that in CC2? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My system: i7 3770 Gtx1060 6GB

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I'm not sure what your problem is -- you can apply tattoos inside of Daz and transfer them over to CC3 like any other texture (and apply them to other CC3 characters.

Fibermesh eyebrows also come across, as cloth, but they won't react to eyebrow expressions the same way that moustaches will not react to lip expressions.  Not much can be done about either one, since that's the whole way iClone (and thus CC3) is built -- they'd have to rebuild it and that's not happening anytime soon.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

eternityblue (12/10/2018)
What about getting all the extra layers you can add to a Genesis skin like tattoos? And what about Gen 8 characters with only mesh eyebrows? I'd love if CC had a skin creator where you could really dig in and add different eyebrows and skin elements. Wasn't that in CC2? 

There will be an updated appearance editor that will support CC3 characters. This will then give the option to change eyebrows and add decals for tattoos as in CC2. The eyebrow option changes the texture (as in CC2), so it's not a separate mesh. You can use displacement maps to give eyebrows more depth, if so desired.

eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)

I'm not sure how the maps are identified and imported, but I have tried importing DAZ characters with tattoos and everything but the tattoo transferred, I just tested it again and some DAZ skin additions like tattoos are actually "attachments" and get imported to CC3 as cloth, not baked into the skin texture at all. This is with Genesis 8 character. If the character has a separate texture image variant with a tattoo, not some sort of overlay, it will be transferred. I have no idea what works/doesn't across all the different DAZ variants. 

I would still like to be able to specify exactly what files to use in import, see what it is going to use before starting the long conversion process, some 'advanced' settings for that would be nice. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Oh, and if I do try and use the tattoo, it majorly messes up the character when it gets imported to CC3, the weight mapping apparently, so using it isn't an option. This is important I guess for anyone shopping for DAZ characters, not all the 'skins' are going to work. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited
6 Years Ago by eternityblue
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I only have a rudimentary knowledge of DAZ, but isn't there an option to combine textures in a single layer?

Something I have done in the past is to use the Blend channel to add tattoos or labels on clothing, as this didn't work correctly for a while in the previous version of CC.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

eternityblue (12/11/2018)
Oh, and if I do try and use the tattoo, it majorly messes up the character when it gets imported to CC3, the weight mapping apparently, so using it isn't an option. This is important I guess for anyone shopping for DAZ characters, not all the 'skins' are going to work. 

Can you give me a specific example (name of character and/or tattoo you are trying)?  I'm having no troubles with any I try.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Eva 8 and Mai Lin 8 I think both have tattoos that I've tried. They show up as cloth in Cc3 when imported. I'll have to look into combining textures in Daz, but their bake system so far didn't get me good results. I need to figure that out. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Mei Lin doesn't have tattoos -- she has some face paint in various combinations.  Works just fine (comes in as normal textures).

And, yes, Eva 8's tattoos are indeed set up as props (which will come in as cloth).  Kind of weird -- I don't do enough in Daz to know why they do it that way but it's annoying.  There are workarounds (you can take those textures and apply them yourself as an overlay but you'll need to do this BEFORE you export the Daz avatar, as the CC3 UV remapping makes it impossible afterwards).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic