Profile Picture

What tutorial for bringing Daz characters into CC 3.02 is considered the most current? I know things...

Posted By jarretttowe 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

What tutorial for bringing Daz characters into CC 3.02 is considered...

Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Let's try the usual suspects.

Are your video drivers up to date?  Make sure you go to the drivers site (of whatever maker you have) and check and, if not, update them.

Then try with a naked Gen 8 female but click the "Advanced" tab on the import.

Let me know what happens in both of those cases.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Reviled
Reviled
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I updated the nvidia drivers to the latest version and then tried to import the Genesis 8 FBX file with subD unticked in the export - same result as before.  Also tried with the original FBX file that I had first tried (subD ticked) and same result.

Next I exported a G8F figure with nothing added or changed and clicked the Advanced button on the import in CC3.  Although this took a bit longer, the end result was the same - unmorphed white figure.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

If another user hadn't reported having the exact same problems I'd be hard pressed to believe there wasn't something seriously wrong with your system, but we've seen this once before.  And IIRC that user suddenly was able to do things without any further changes (I'll have to check to see if I can find that thread and see -- maybe we can put the two of you in touch with each other).

That's about all I can think of other than filing a trouble ticket with RL (which you should probably do).  If I find the other person I'll direct them this way and perhaps that will help (although I don't remember him doing anything special to fix the issue).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Reviled
Reviled
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)

Thank you for your suggestions.  It seems to me as though something is missing from the CC3 installation that is preventing it from recognising the Daz figures.  I don't think it is the Daz Studio installation, since 3DExchange imports them perfectly well, and have been able to get them into iClone from there.  Only CC3 seems to have the issue.

I have filed a ticket with Reallusion and I'll post back here if I get a solution.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Okay -- I was going to suggest me sending you an FBX that I know works, but if you are able to import via XChange then it's most likely NOT Daz.  Keep us posted on what you find.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
The first time I tried I got a white figure also. Of course, I have no idea why that was. I believe it was because I had selected Basic...Unsure

Now that I'm writing this, I remember. I had failed to check Bake Body Texture. Did you check that?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reviled
Reviled
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks for the suggestion, Animagic.  Unfortunately, the "Bake Body Texture" checkbox is on the Asset Import Status Report.  Part of the problems seems to be that this is not popping up during import.
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Reviled (11/11/2018)
Thanks for the suggestion, Animagic.  Unfortunately, the "Bake Body Texture" checkbox is on the Asset Import Status Report.  Part of the problems seems to be that this is not popping up during import.

Hmm, this is baffling...Unsure Kelley knows much more about this than I do. I just follow the steps and the dialog pops up.

EDIT: Fixed typo...Blush

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
6 Years Ago by animagic
Reviled
Reviled
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

As promised earlier in this thread, I am posting to report a solution to the "white figure" problem.

After working with support, I was asked to send screenshots of exe and dll file properties.  After doing this, whilst I was in the installation folder, I had an idea to right-click the CC3 executable file and "Run as Administrator".  This fixed the problem.  Not something I thought to try earlier, as my usual account on the computer has full admin priveleges.

I do have to say though that even though Reallusion support did not get a solution for me in this case, they were excellent in their help - systematic and quick to get back to me.

I have now tested CC3 with a Genesis 8 Female exported from Daz, and with a Victoria 4 exported from Poser.  Both worked exactly as they were supposed to.  Now I just need to reinstall iClone and I can get back to work.

Thank you once again to the people who posted here with suggestions.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Wow -- that never would have occurred to me to even try -- but thanks for reporting back to us, as I'm sure it will help others in the future (as well as help RL fix the basic issue).

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why that would be an issue for you and not for the rest of us (because I'm running my computer the same as you are).  Or even why running not as admin would cause that weird symptom.  Strange.

Glad you got it working, though!

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic