Profile Picture

What tutorial for bringing Daz characters into CC 3.02 is considered the most current? I know things...

Posted By jarretttowe 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

What tutorial for bringing Daz characters into CC 3.02 is considered...

Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
I'm not sure what you're talking about -- I don't know there's any reason to do anything like that (nor do I actually know how to do what you are talking about).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 15 hours ago
Kelleytoons (11/5/2018)
animagic (11/5/2018)

EDIT: The "correct' way works as well, so that will save some disk space. The only other difference is that I've been using FBX 2011 (also per the RL tutorial).

Actually it won't -- it won't load ALL the textures needed (it will load some, but on some characters it will NOT pick up the necessary maps -- this was a change in the last CC3).  So I would continue to advise NOT to do it the "correct" way.

I can see that "correct" is a confusing term. What I meant with the CORRECT way was YOUR way, where "Embed Textures" and "Collect Textures to Folder" are NOT checked. I hope I got that right...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Oops, sorry.  Yes, you want to do it that way (I still need to check the manual.  Sigh -- so many things to do and I'm retired).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Kelleytoons -- and everyone else who has participated in this thread! I had read that some daz characters created problems if they were generated with any of the HD morphs. I may have actually used an HD morph on that character. I will try once more after work, then if there is still a problem, remove the applications and re-install.
Thanks for the continued advice.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

That's fine.

I have tried with HD morphs and while they don't transfer over (the morphs that is -- there is no difference between using them and not using them) it hasn't caused any issues for me, either.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
We now have a new tutorial which should help resolve any problems. Please find it below.

https://youtu.be/OT1IzuPx8cg

And regarding the "Collecting Textures To Folder" option on the Daz Studio Export Panel, this won't normally cause any problems if checked and just puts the Daz textures in a folder which can be convenient to have. The option you need to ensure you leave unchecked is "Embed Textures".

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reviled
Reviled
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I'm getting the same problem as the OP.

I have tried loading a basic Genesis 8 figure in Daz Studio, then exporting as shown in the Basic Conversion guide:
http://manual.reallusion.com/Character_Creator_3/ENU/3/Content/Character_Creator_3/3/09_Transformer/Basic_Conversion.htm

In CC3 I click Transformer and then select the FBX exported figure.  It seems to be importing, but then I do not see the Asset Import Status Report and the figure in CC3 goes white and without morphs.  I have tried loading the same exported FBX file into 3DExchange 7.3 and it imports without any problems.

I have also tried setting the resolution level of the figure and clothing in Daz Studio to "Base" but there is no difference on the outcome.

I have recorded the steps that I have tried, hopefully someone can see something that I am doing wrong.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The first thing that immediately jumps out at me is you have subd checked in the export options -- that's a no-no.

Try it without that and let us know what happens.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Reviled
Reviled
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)

Thank you for replying.

The subD setting is ticked like that in both the video posted above by Peter (RL) and in the CC3 online manual.  However, I will follow your advice and see if it makes a difference, and then post back.

Thank you again.
Reviled
Reviled
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Just in case something had gone wrong with the installation, I uninstalled CC3 and CC£ pipeline, and reinstalled again.  That just finished, so I tried exporting Genesis 8 without the SubD ticked, and got the same result.

I have also tried importing a Genesis 1 figure with no difference.
I then went into Poser, exported a Vicki 4 figure as shown on the Reallusion forums, and got exactly the same result in CC3 - a blank white figure and again no Asset Import Status report.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Reading This Topic