Profile Picture

What tutorial for bringing Daz characters into CC 3.02 is considered the most current? I know things...

Posted By jarretttowe 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

What tutorial for bringing Daz characters into CC 3.02 is considered...

Author
jarretttowe
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
What tutorial for bringing Daz characters into CC 3.02 is considered the most current? I know things changed after the initial rollout of CC3.
I'm trying to sort it out, but there are a LOT of forum posts, pinned forum posts, and YouTube videos, and I'm kind of left wondering which one is the best?
Thank you!

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
There's not much to it, and I'm not sure you really need a tutorial.  You basically export from Daz with the output options Merge Clothing, and the two "Allows" checkmarked (but nothing else), using 2012 Binary, and with export options Figures/props/locks/limits/morphs checked (animations is optional but I leave it checked) and press the Transformer button in CC3.

You are then asked if you want Basic or Advanced (if you are doing an avatar with or without clothing and want to preserve all the textures of that avatar choose Advanced -- for anything else Basic is just fine), and then when the tab comes up that shows you all that you are importing you checkmark the bake mesh if, again, you are doing an avatar and want all the textures with it.  And that's it.

Now, once it's imported you still have work you can do -- you can transfer weights (recommended if you imported clothing), make weight maps for hair and clothing, adjust mesh weighting manually, conform, etc. but that's pretty standard for almost any clothing.  Why don't you try it and see what you might want help with and I'm sure we can help you around here.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Thanks...I'll give it a shot!
jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ok, I followed the instructions -- I ended up with a plain white male character, when i had exported a fully textured female. I'll have to keep working on it.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Oooookay, that sounds kind of impossible although interesting.

What Daz character were you trying to import?  Let me know and maybe I'll put together a (very) quick tutorial on just how (and if you had an outfit let me know which one as well).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ok we're getting somewhere...I went back and exported again with collect materials checked. I went back to CC3 and re-imported. Of course I hadn't used the t-pose before (I wondered where that would come into play), so the pose is wrong, but the character IS textured.
below is the original Daz render and last is the CC3 render:

Daz:

CC3:

So...not perfect, of course. But I didn't expect it to be a 1-to-1 conversion from iray. But I can definitely see the potential. This is going to be awesome when I learn how to add my daz content and use it on the CC characters too. I always felt the hair in CC was too limited, and this really opens that up. I have been looking for a unified movie making tool for years, and fell away from iClone when iRay came around...I love daz, but I feel like the potential for animation here is superior. Of course, I need to buy the curve editor, etc, but I can see the light! Will CC3 allow me to use physics on the hair and soft body physics on the body eventually?
jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ok there is some good stuff here. I didn't realize CC3 would also open all of my Daz exr files (I assumed it would just work on normal hdr):
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8affcfe7-53c2-4636-a414-2321.png
jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Why do I feel like this is going to start me back on a search for a motherboard that will accept multiple 1080ti's?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

No, you definitely do NOT want to collect those textures.  They will not come in correctly otherwise.

Do as I suggested.  If it isn't working then tell me the figure and clothing and I'll show you in detail.  Trust me, once it comes in with the right textures you will find it almost impossible to tell from the Daz version.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ok...I will do as you recommend and report back.

Reading This Topic