Posted By Dorothy Jean 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Export into Unity - Eye rotation issue and mouth Open issue

Author
Dorothy Jean
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hello, 
After I export my character into Unity i'm running into a few problems. First, the mouth open blendshape is not including the teeth so the lips open but the teeth remain closed no matter what I do.
Another issue is with eye rotation. In the Program i'm using the character in the eyes roll back into the characters head when looking in certain directions. This could be the program i'm using (Flipside Studio) But i'm not sure because it does not happen on Daz or Mixamo characters. 

I would say the biggest issue at this point is the teeth open issue.  
I also noticed the mouth blendshape inside Unity is not as wide as it is inside CC.  So when the character uses lipsync in Unity the mouth does not open as wide as I would like. 

Please help.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dbdccbe9-2417-45d2-b87d-7b31.jpg

joseph.dalessandro
joseph.dalessandro
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I have the exact same issue with the teeth not moving when I open the mouth using the mouth open blend shape.  I was, however able to open the mouth using the jaw bone joint, but that won't help when it comes to using Unity's plug-ins for lip sync that use only blendshapes.  Also, speaking of lip sync... where are the phoneme lip blendshapes?  Those are required for any lip sync and are included in all Daz character, but I don't see them in CC3 character's blendshapes list???  Please help!
Dorothy Jean
Dorothy Jean
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

I don't think this issue will ever be addressed...I just finally bought the program after my trial expired because there was a really good black friday deal that i couldn't pass up. But i can't do much without these issues being fixed.  

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dbdccbe9-2417-45d2-b87d-7b31.jpg

mahrcheen
mahrcheen
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

Blend shape face animations have nothing to do with jaw bone animation. You just need to animate face bones in sync with blendshapes. 

But in my case when I import character to Unity everything works but the jaw bone is rotated 90deg around some axis and eyes have some weird angles. It happens not every time but i have hard time fixing it. Most of characters import okay and aone shared animations works with all but this one exception.

Reading This Topic