RL Zbrush tutorial normal map?

Posted By VirtualMedia 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
VirtualMedia
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
RL posted a  CC3 to ZBrush tutorial on Youtube

Everytime I try to create the normal map it says my subdivision levels are to high, I followed the tutorials methodically, used base characters that were not subdivded, no luck.

What am I missing?

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
vidi
vidi
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Have you 3D coat ? if yes the process is quiet easier
I sculpt in Zbrush but I backed and refine the maps in 3D coat 
3D coat read whole UV Groups and export them agian without such a crumbersome workflow needed . Import the the Highpolymesh in the retoproom , then import the Low poly mesh and covered over the High poly and bake all needed maps at once . 
export the maps done ... 
also easier,   how to see  the example with the eyebrows you can re position or paint  the eyebrowns directly on the model . 
In this example with photoshop is like more try and error without see what happend 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
6 Years Ago by vidi
VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

vidi (11/4/2018)
Have you 3D coat ? if yes the process is quiet easier
I sculpt in Zbrush but I backed and refine the maps in 3D coat 
3D coat read whole UV Groups and export them agian without such a crumbersome workflow needed . Import the the Highpolymesh in the retoproom , then import the Low poly mesh and covered over the High poly and bake all needed maps at once . 
export the maps done ... 
also easier,   how to see  the example with the eyebrows you can re position or paint  the eyebrowns directly on the model . 
In this example with photoshop is like more try and error without see what happend 

Thanks vidi, needed the reality check, I have and love 3DCoat,  when I seen the import morph and texture option it got the wheels spinning, particularity for hair and clothing hoping it would be a more streamlined process. And yes the Photoshop back and forth wasn't impressive, hard to believe a powerful program like ZBrush can't resolve this.

illusionLAB
illusionLAB
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I watched that Z-Brush tut, and it only reminded me why I abandoned it for 3D Coat!  On that note, it's been a while since I used Z-Brush... but I seem to remember that you have to reduce the "subdivision" slider back to default position when creating the normals map.
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 26 minutes ago
I don't have Z-brush, but I do have 3D Coat, which I like and would like to learn better. The Go-Z option seems to make thing easier, but perhaps not?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

illusionLAB (11/4/2018)
I watched that Z-Brush tut, and it only reminded me why I abandoned it for 3D Coat!  On that note, it's been a while since I used Z-Brush... but I seem to remember that you have to reduce the "subdivision" slider back to default position when creating the normals map.

That's what one would assume, but it had no effect.

vidi
vidi
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
The Go-Z option seems to make thing easier, but perhaps not?

Not for baking normal and AO map  as to see in the video
Also to see in this video Zbrush can not handle many UV Group  and you need hide every material group seperatly . In 3D coat it is not needed , 

GOZ  is great to make Morphs,  but texturing UV mapping ,  or baking is another story 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
6 Years Ago by vidi
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 26 minutes ago
Thanks, Vidi. I will seriously concentrate on learning 3D Coat. Frankly, watching the Z-brush tutorial left me feel very confused. The process seemed overly cumbersome. And at $895...Crazy

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

mark
mark
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: 43 minutes ago
Would love a similar tutorial using 3D Coat!!!!Wink

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

kungphu
kungphu
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Yup... I’m
A heavy Zbrush user for morphs. Aside from sculpting, it’s a PITA for sure! It isn’t cheap either but I love it for sculpting. 3D coat is the more economical route to go. It I do love my Zbrush morphs!Smile

My "NEWEST" LatestSmile  Movie Made With Amaaaazing iClone

—> High Noon”ish” in Narrow Valley<—

Reading This Topic