Posted By jarretttowe 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Faster iray rendering without adding additional video cards

Author
jarretttowe
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi guys. I have many friends who are producing visual novels using Daz. I stumbled onto something that has helped many of them and I figured I would mention it here.
There is a great upsizer called Gigapixel Ai 2.0. It is 99$. Many of my friends are currently rendering half-size renders, then running them through the Ai resizer's batch function. The results are impressive. There is a free demo. Try it out, you may find that it helps.

Note that this only works on image sequences.

An unexpected additional use (though probably more in line with the original intent of the developers) is that of up-rezzing textures. I have done this with everything from clothing materials, to face and body textures, to hdri files...and the results have been spectacular.

If you try this out, and it works well for you, write a note here!
Thanks for your time, and glad to be back on the forum after close to 3 years!

Reading This Topic