What's New in Character Creator 3.02

Posted By Peter (RL) 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 10 hours ago
TonyDPrime (11/6/2018)
I think the main question with this whole update is WHO IN THE WORLD USES POSER...
Why...
WHY!?
Daz is Free and has basically superior content all the way around.

Believe it or not there are still many loyal Poser users out there. Why they haven't switched to iClone and Character Creator is still a mystery. Tongue

Poser 3 was actually my first foray into 3D character creation so I still have a fondness for it. Nowadays I only use Poser to bring characters and other content to iClone / CC, but I still have the latest version installed for nostalgia reasons.  At the time Metacreations line-up of 3D software was outstanding. I had Poser, Carrara and the much missed Canoma which all used the same great UI (Poser 11 still does today). 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Canoma! Aaahhh that brings back memories.
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
Peter (RL) (11/6/2018)
TonyDPrime (11/6/2018)
I think the main question with this whole update is WHO IN THE WORLD USES POSER...
Why...
WHY!?
Daz is Free and has basically superior content all the way around.

Believe it or not there are still many loyal Poser users out there. Why they haven't switched to iClone and Character Creator is still a mystery. Tongue

Poser 3 was actually my first foray into 3D character creation so I still have a fondness for it. Nowadays I only use Poser to bring characters and other content to iClone / CC, but I still have the latest version installed for nostalgia reasons.  At the time Metacreations line-up of 3D software was outstanding. I had Poser, Carrara and the much missed Canoma which all used the same great UI (Poser 11 still does today). 

I gotcha...I learned very early on with video games that UI is what can easily make something a favorite.
Indeed then, nice that CC3 welcomes that crowd of users.  Tongue

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
jarretttowe (11/6/2018)
[quote][b]TonyDPrime (11/6/2018)

There are a lot of people still using v4 content that never switched to daz, content creators included. There is a tremendous amount of free content for poser. There is also a fair amount of characters made for poser and not for daz -- I would point at Project Evolution being one of them. RL adding support for this is definitely a good thing. It increases the size of the user base as well, and that means more content, more success for RL, more users to learn from. All in all, it is a no-lose situation. To be honest, I haven't used Poser in years, but this advance from RL has made me dust it off once more, just to get the content out of it.

You know, I saw that Project Evolution, and I like the renders they did for the promos, where the characters stick out their tongue. 
Pretty cool!
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
DAZ may be free, but Poser did have the better animation tools for a long time, including a curve editor and a capable lip-sync plugin. I have actually animated in Poser before I discovered iClone. The tragedy for Poser is that it sort of got stuck. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I have the older Poser Game Dev version, which allows you to create morphs, fit clothing, hide meshes, decimate characters for games, all stuff Reallusion just recently introduced. I don't have the latest Poser, but to those who know it well, it is pretty powerful still. And the curve editor didn't cost anything extra either.

Regarding the eye issue, I was just using a G3 female with a few morphs, one with big eyes that showed the issue clearly. It can be fixed for the most part by moving the eyeballs back a bit, but the quality is degraded doing that, so I will probably just avoid the extremes. But I think it is either the shape of the whole eye or the origin of the eyes that is the problem. I will try and give specifics when I get back to my desk. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My system: i7 3770 Gtx1060 6GB

eternityblue
eternityblue
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
The morphs I used specifically were mostly a mixture of Izaname for G3f, and this simple toon morph:

https://sharecg.com/v/91816/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Simple-Toon-morph-for-GF3

But now, playing with it after a night's rest, I think I was being way too picky with what CC3 can do with tolerances importing morphs. Adjusting things in CC3 after import makes it workable. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My system: i7 3770 Gtx1060 6GB

Dorothy Jean
Dorothy Jean
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Do we know when the open mouth blendshape will also open the teeth??? Can't use lip sync at all till that's fixed.  I bought CC3 and really want to use it!!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dbdccbe9-2417-45d2-b87d-7b31.jpg

animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
Dorothythul (11/24/2018)
Do we know when the open mouth blendshape will also open the teeth??? Can't use lip sync at all till that's fixed.  I bought CC3 and really want to use it!!

Do you  mean to say that lip-sync for CC3 characters does not work correctly in iClone?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic