Profile Picture

Character Creator v3.01 Optimization

Posted By hugh_cherry 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
hugh_cherry
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I follow many of the new tutorials that come out and was wondering if you could do one that helped users optimize the setup for better performance on their systems.  I know this is a general topic and that many people have wide variety of system builds, but I continually see in the tutorials the demonstrators performance is quick and responsive.  For instance, I am running a 1950x thread ripper with SLI 1080 ti cards and CC3 Pipeline is not near as responsive on many of the simple tasks demonstrated in the videos. I am assuming there may be some preferences, preferred Nvidia setup configurations or view/interface options that would cause the application to crawl.  Currently the performance on CC3 is very sluggish and it makes it hard to work with even on relatively base characters.  My system is clean, over clocked and optimized.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks,
Hugh 
Edited
6 Years Ago by hugh_cherry
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
A 1080 ti ought to run just fine -- while I'm running a Titan, I think my other machine with even just a 1070 works great with CC3.  Are you using the latest drivers?  And remember that CC3 will only use one GPU (the Iray plugin can use more for rendering).  It sounds like it's something wrong with your setup.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
As KT already mentioned, you should be getting good performance with your setup.

Do check that you are not running with a custom Nvidia graphics profile. For both iClone and Character Creator you should use the Default "Application Controlled" profile.

You can check this by right clicking the Desktop and opening the Nvidia Control Panel. Then select Manager 3D Settings.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

raxel_67
raxel_67
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I have noticed that raising subdivision beyond 1 affects performance a lot, at 2 it will be kinda sluggish but workable, subdivision level 3 is sluggish and not workable, I'm using a 1080ti. seems like cc3 is not good at handling lots of polys, a cc3 avatar with level 3 subdivision weighs around 2 million polys give or take, I have scenes in iclone with the same roughly the same amount and they run well enough (without gi). Maybe op has subdivision at level 3. 
CrimsonSpecter
CrimsonSpecter
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)

Unchecked this !!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/03c75eef-2d57-41c1-ba54-088b.jpg
Edited
6 Years Ago by RedGhost
hugh_cherry
hugh_cherry
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)Senior Member (296 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks all, I will take a look at each of these and see if I can find anything. I'm doing some cleanup on the system and have added and 1T m.2 SSD drive just to install and run these applications on. Interested to see if this helps at all with additional performance. I am running all the latest drivers. I will have check on the custom setup, but other than SLI I believe iclone and CC
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
hugh_cherry (11/1/2018)
Thanks all, I will take a look at each of these and see if I can find anything. I'm doing some cleanup on the system and have added and 1T m.2 SSD drive just to install and run these applications on. Interested to see if this helps at all with additional performance. I am running all the latest drivers. I will have check on the custom setup, but other than SLI I believe iclone and CC

I would try what RedGhost suggested as this is the biggest help in improving performance. That said you should not really have to do that on the system you have. I never turn off Sky and still get excellent performance on a similar spec computer. There definitely seems like something else is at play here.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic