New iPad compatible with Live Face?

Posted By animagic 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 hours ago
I just read that a new iPad has been launched, which seems to include the same bionic chip as the iPhone X. If so, it would be very interesting if it were compatible with Live Face. An iPad is cheaper than an iPhone and great if you're not really interested in the phone aspect.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
They launched two new iPad Pros, but the cheapest is $799 (and I would not advise that version -- it only has 64GB).  They do indeed have Face ID and seemingly the necessary 3D cameras and depth system needed for Live Face (although I'm going to guess there will need to be some recompiling for it -- the new iPads have a much greater pixel density).

So you can get a *somewhat* cheaper version if you really absolutely do not want an iPhone Xs (although I will also note you can get one of those for only $100 more -- if you are even slightly interested in having a new phone it's a much better deal).  But yes, I'd love to hear what Peter has to say about this, as I am in the market for a new iPad regardless of whether it runs Live Face (and that particular point might be worth knowing in terms of when I'll pull the trigger -- my own feeling right now is I'll wait for at least three to six months, but with Live Face I might go sooner IF I can run two separate instances of it in Live, so I have two actors captured).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Well, my wife and have been contemplating that perhaps we should finally get on the "smart phone" bandwagon, so an iPhone is still an option...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

I'll tell you, I've owned nearly every iPhone since the very first (skipped the 4, for some reason, although right now I can't remember what that was) and the X is absolutely the best phone I've ever had.  It's so far ahead of anything else it isn't funny.  Yes, I know there are those who love the Android ones, and they are certainly just as technologically advanced, but if you like Apple at all you will LOVE the iPhone X (or Xs -- might as well get the latest).

But those new iPads looked wonderful as well -- so if you really don't need a phone (and Live Face will work with them -- should but let's hear what Peter says) they are also very lovely (I will definitely have one, but not this year most likely).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
akuei2
akuei2
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Kelleytoons (10/31/2018)
I'll tell you, I've owned nearly every iPhone since the very first (skipped the 4, for some reason, although right now I can't remember what that was) and the X is absolutely the best phone I've ever had.  It's so far ahead of anything else it isn't funny.  Yes, I know there are those who love the Android ones, and they are certainly just as technologically advanced, but if you like Apple at all you will LOVE the iPhone X (or Xs -- might as well get the latest).

But those new iPads looked wonderful as well -- so if you really don't need a phone (and Live Face will work with them -- should but let's hear what Peter says) they are also very lovely (I will definitely have one, but not this year most likely).

I want one, sent me one Iphone Tongue
Rumpot
Rumpot
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)

Is this compatible with the new iPadPro yet?
slavoisard
slavoisard
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Just go the new iPad and I go confirm that Live Face is working as an Iphone App on it without any problem. I did connect in Wifi so there was some lag issues, I couldn't find yet how to connect in USB but I hope to find soon !
Rumpot
Rumpot
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)Junior Member (131 reputation)

Thank you for confirming. I'm gonna go ahead pick it then. Hopefully you can get the USB issue resolved as I'm sure I'll be in the same boat
joel.lovell
joel.lovell
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

slavoisard (12/2/2018)
Just go the new iPad and I go confirm that Live Face is working as an Iphone App on it without any problem. I did connect in Wifi so there was some lag issues, I couldn't find yet how to connect in USB but I hope to find soon !

The IPAD Pro's are able to connect via USB-C, so if your computer is older I don't know what you would do to connect to a traditional USB if possible to get an adapter. If a desktop, you can get a drop in USB-C card, but for a laptop you might be stuck. 

Anyone confirm using an IPAD Pro USB-C connection with Live Face?
n3rd0710
n3rd0710
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)New Member (41 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I would also prefer an iPad support as it has additional creative advantages an iPhone does not offer.

Reading This Topic