Help with Motion Live

Posted By alhakeem2001 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
alhakeem2001
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I have just purchased iclone 7 with Motion live plugin but for some reason the plugin doesn't work as it should! The problem is that the plugin doesn't generate an ip. number for some reason. Can anybody help me on that ? https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/389bf157-45a1-4bf7-9e5f-80a2.jpg

Edited
6 Years Ago by alhakeem2001
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
You'll need to be more specific.

Motion Live is just the "container" or the overall manager for the various plugins.  Which plugin did you get to work with Motion Live?  (You seem to be highlighting face so I assume it's either Faceware or Face Live).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
alhakeem2001
alhakeem2001
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Thanks #Kelleytoons for your reply, Yes it is for face motion and to be more specified it's to control the Avatar's face motion with my iPhone Xs. but I thought before we can connect the iphone to iClone we should still be able to see the ip address that Motion live will generate, I couldn't even choose the motion live when I click on the plus sign as if it's disconnected ! 
Edited
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Well, that's because you don't have the plugin Face Live installed.  Go to the Reallusion Hub, and you should see the plugin you bought listed there.  If it shows it's installed then delete it from Windows and let the hub reinstall it (do NOT do it manually yourself -- the hub needs to do these things).  Worse comes to worst you may have to delete Live as well and let the hub reinstall that.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
alhakeem2001
alhakeem2001
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ok, I have deleted the Motion Live from my computer and installed it again with the Realusion. Hub and still is not showing up. Whats next ? and By the way not only the Motion live is not working by me, my other plugin "Popcorn FX" also not working, I am getting this message when I want to use any file from the plunin folder
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/161198b9-30bb-448e-b9f9-193f.png ..

I'm really  getting frustrated 

Edited
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

No, you're missing the point.  There are TWO parts to this -- there is Motion Live, and there is whatever is running inside of Motion Live.  That's a plugin, and if you bought it it needs to be installed separately.  Does it show up in the Hub?  Do you see BOTH Motion Live and (in this case) Face Live?  You have to have both of them.

If you did buy both of them and they are both not showing in the Hub, you need to contact Reallusion and file a support ticket.  If you bought them both and both are showing in the Hub then the Hub *should* be installing both -- but you might first want to delete both of them from your computer.  Again -- TWO programs.  The Motion Live is like a container for the plugins that control the hardware, which have to be bought separately.

If you are still unsure, share a screenshot of what your Hub looks like, what programs it shows you have purchased.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
alhakeem2001
alhakeem2001
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Oops, it looks you are right, But do I still need to purchase the face plugin in order to run that action ?  and god.. its 299$ it's even more expensive than the iclone itself !
Edited
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Motion Live is just the container.  So, yes, you will need to purchase whatever other plugin you need to capture stuff.

I'm a bit surprised that Face Live is $300 -- when I bought it it was only $199 (but perhaps that was the sale price when it first came out).  You might want to look to see if there are any other sales or promotions you can find that bundle or lower that price.  But it could be worse -- Faceware is something like $1300.  And the plugin for the Perception Neuron is $500 (and the suit itself already costs $1500, so you're paying a ton just to have Live support for it).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
alhakeem2001
alhakeem2001
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I guess that's why they raised up the price of the Live face plugin. Now I have a more serious problem with the Motion live plugin as now when I click on the plugin column to select the Motion live plugin it hangs forever together with iClone and then they crash! I have tried to reinstall the plugin several times with no hope! The only thing that I have not tried yet is to reinstall iClone and install the Motion Live on a fresh version of iClone. Should I do that? (This is not preferred option though)  Please if you have another solution to fix this problem let me know.
Edited
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Sorry, I think you're going to have to contact support for that help (but without a plugin to use with it I'm not so sure why you'd need it to run).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic