Its been a while.. A few questions about Iclone 7

Posted By genao87 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
@Genao87,

CC3 helps reduce polygon count from Daz to levels that are more "game and iClone friendly."

Regarding dual graphics cards, remember that the VRAM (video graphics card RAM) does not "add" when you have a second GPU.
8GB + 8GB = 8GB
For gaming, iClone, and most other things, it simply puts a copy of the same data in both cards, so they can co-render the same scene.  So even with two Titans, which will make Iray rendering great but does not help iClone, many large textures can still potentially consume all your available VRAM.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
As Dennis said.

And the "Live" portion of iClone is a waystation for consolidating all your mocap devices in one place (and doing it in realtime inside of iClone).  The "Face Live" for the iPhone is a plugin RL sells and then you just "look" at your iPhone X and it captures your face motions (again, in realtime with an avatar mimicking you).  You can also add all kinds of other capture devices, like body suits and the Leap controller for hands.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
genao87
genao87
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
@justaskviking so two VGA cards doesn't help render faster at all.  damn i guess that will always be the case.   so what is the best VGA to get?  i have seen people comment that some older cards process faster than newer ones despite the newer ones have more video ram.  looking at people's signatures i see quite a few Titan X cards.    still thinking about 2 VGAs just because of the Iray but man thats a lot of wasted money on a 2nd card.  might be thinking of getting a faster hardrive to help speed things up.    good thing i created this thread,  at least it open up the gates to get Daz products.  

@KellyToons    i gotcha now.   i just need the Iphone X with the Face Live plugin to capture facial or torso body movements.  seen some scenes from users capturing face, hands, and torso movement with the Iphone X/Face Live. character interactions was done way faster.    thinking of getting the capturing devices for the hands.  will make hand animation much faster.  

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

I want to be REAL clear -- the iPhone X and Live Face plugin ONLY capture the face for iClone.  Face only.

To do the body you will need either a body suit (like the Perception Neuron) or some kind of other process (like using Kinect with the various software that can use it).  Hand motions require the Leap controller and that plugin for iClone.  And for any of the motion capture plugins for iClone you also need the Motion Live software (an additional plugin that manages all the other plugins).

I know it sounds complicated, but it isn't when you break it down -- the Motion Live is the Hub for the other software, which is needed to manage all the hardware devices that can capture face/body/hands.

(And I'd recommend an nVidia 1070 at the very least.  Right now it's the best price/performance ratio for actually running iClone 7.  Anything less is silly -- but more is always better).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
genao87
genao87
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

looking back at it,  the head was the only thing animated on the videos.   so in summary i need the Motion Live software,  Face Live plugin,  and the X Iphone.    did i get right?     also was looking for the news about the Ipad but could not find any.  

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

If you want to go the Face Live route and IF you ONLY want to capture the face, then, yes, those are the items you would need.

Motion Live is the general Hub for doing live animation inside of iClone (note that you can animate outside of iClone using tools that produce BVH files for the body, for example, and then import them, but Motion Live is what controls the actual animation of an iClone avatar inside the program natively).  Then you need whatever plugins you want to control whatever you want -- there is a plugin for the Leap Controller to capture hands, a plugin for the iPhone X to capture Face, and a plugin for the Perception Neuron to capture the body movements, to name just three (there are others).  And then you also need the hardware to do whatever you want (so a Leap controller, or an iPhone or the PN suit).

The new iPad Pros came out Tuesday and contain the cameras that should allow them to run the software to capture the faces for Face Live, but there is no word yet from Reallusion on whether this is possible or not yet.  The prices, however, aren't all that different from the iPhone X -- the lowest priced iPad Pro now is $899, IIRC, and for $100 more you can get the iPhone XS.  The only real advantages either way is not price so much as usage -- if you want an iPad (and assuming it will be supported) then the iPad Pro would be the way to go.  But the iPhone XS does have one distinct advantage the iPad does not -- you can head mount the phone so you could conceivably run a capture of both the face and body (assuming you ever go down that route).  I can't imagine doing this with the iPad (for one thing you wouldn't be able to see a damn thing other than the iPad staring at you in the face, so you'd be likely to run into walls and things).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
genao87
genao87
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

thank you so much Kelly Toons,   man,  still thinking of getting two cards just for the IRAY render.    but i am looking at roughly$3000 for a new PC,  Iphone or Ipad/plugins, and ICLONE.   
let me try to master more of animation.   one question,  can any of the animation products from DAZ Studio,  can they be used in ICLONE.  
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Nearly 100% of the Daz content can be used in iClone, either imported via XChange (for environments and larger props) or, for avatars, clothing, hair and hand props, imported through Character Creator 3 Pipeline (both processes are easy-peasy and I have a ton of tutorials showing how).  I use a LOT of Daz content inside of iClone (my zombie video posted here was 100% Daz content, including all the zombies and characters, and the destroyed mall).

Also, since I wrote that response to you we now know that all the new iPhone Xs work with Live Face, including the $750 iPhone XR, which would be the way I'd go given it's the cheapest (by far - you save about $250 over the next cheaper solution).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
jarretttowe
jarretttowe
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
To save money and still get great performance, look at the 980ti. I run one plus a 1080ti — for iclone of course two is better, but I’d rather have mocap hardware than multiple gpu. Unless you are rendering in iray. Unfortunately that’s going to be pig slow for animation no matter how many cards you have.
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
jarretttowe (11/10/2018)
...for iclone of course two is better...

Sorry, but "No."
iclone does not support multi-GPU configurations.  It will only use one card.

Iray can benefit from two GPUs, but the iClone native  renderer does not.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Reading This Topic