Its been a while.. A few questions about Iclone 7

Posted By genao87 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
genao87
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I have ICLONE 6 but want to upgrade to ICLONE 7. Do I have to uninstall ICLONE 6 to install 7?   Can I use 3DX Pipe;ine 6 and Character Creater 1.5 with Iclone 7?? 

Looking to make animation as easy as possible....more precisely combat fighting between mecha machines like you see in the anime Gundam or the more popular Transfromers.   I have seen some software such as Faceware, Popcorn,  and Mix Moves.  Don't know how Mix Moves is different from blending already made motion files that I have seen before in ICLONE.

Looking to find tutorials on how to make introduction scenes like you see in the movies.   But mainly motion fighting scenes using files such as Ninja, and Explosive fighting pack that I have bought before.  I want to know if there are any other files like them.

I heard talks of Iclone 8 in the works.  If so when that does come out?  should I wait? 

Edited
6 Years Ago by genao87
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
No one except RL knows when iClone 8 will come out, and they aren't telling.  But since they are still working on 7x (and they have told us that) it is quite likely it will be a long time coming (read: a year or more).

You can keep iClone 6 installed and still use it -- you can use as many versions of iClone as you have at the same time (well, you can only really use one at a time unless you have multiple mice and a lot of arms :>Wink.

You won't want to use CC 1.5 -- AFAIK CC3 is free with iClone 7 (or at least bundled with it) although for maximum effect you'll want Pipeline (see the differences listed).  XChange 6 *can* work with 7 but not transparently (IOW, you can't send things back and forth with one button press).  You'd be better off upgrading it as well, but that's up to you.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
mr_vidius
mr_vidius
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Kelleytoons (10/28/2018)
No one except RL knows when iClone 8 will come out, and they aren't telling.  But since they are still working on 7x (and they have told us that) it is quite likely it will be a long time coming (read: a year or more).

You can keep iClone 6 installed and still use it -- you can use as many versions of iClone as you have at the same time (well, you can only really use one at a time unless you have multiple mice and a lot of arms :>Wink.

You won't want to use CC 1.5 -- AFAIK CC3 is free with iClone 7 (or at least bundled with it) although for maximum effect you'll want Pipeline (see the differences listed).  XChange 6 *can* work with 7 but not transparently (IOW, you can't send things back and forth with one button press).  You'd be better off upgrading it as well, but that's up to you.

gee wiz Kellytoons.. you know that I clone 8 will be out long before they finish 7. look at 6! they had all sorts of stuff lined up for that. but instead of finishing it. they made 7.
and the same thing will happen to 7 too. they will release 8 and then line up stuff for that.. then go to 9.. etc.. Whistling

vidius

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

I'm not sure what you mean by "finish" -- software is NEVER finished.  Oh, I suppose when it finally dies, but just like a person, until they die, they are never finished.  It keeps changing, hopefully improving, and version numbers help keep track of where they are at.  Most major version releases are different enough from the previous version to justify that numbering, but they didn't "stop" iClone when they stopping making point releases for 6, they just moved on to 7.

So in that case you are right -- when 8 comes (in a year or so) they won't be working on 7, but it won't be "unfinished" -- it will just be the way station of iClone at that time.  To say that 6 is "unfinished" would be like saying 7.3 iClone is "unfinished" -- it's not all that can be done with it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't do what 7.3 should do.

Now, if you are complaining that resources which might have worked in previous versions no longer work -- RL is actually one of the better companies in this regard.  Honestly, I wish they WOULDN'T support old resources, because they just look crappy.  We need to move forward but RL makes it possible to stay firmly in the past if that's what you want.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
a) To Genao87 - Please do not be distracted by any thoughts or discussion about iClone 8.  As Kelleytoons said, it is not on the horizon at all.  It showed up recently in some random 6-month old post that got replied to.  Do not let that distract you.

b) I, for one, am happy to delay "major releases" as long as possible.  As long as Reallusion keeps giving us point-releases (71.. 7.2... 7.3...) I'm happy because they are free.  I have seen Reallusion provide some "major" functionality in point-releases (a.k.a. Patches) that other companies might have made us pay for.

c) Lastly, it looks like you got good advice here already.  I concur about CC1 and iC6 and Pipeline.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Delerna
Delerna
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Justavikings B comment.
Oh yes I totally agree, I for one will be stick with iClone7 for a few years even if they bring out iClone 8 next year.
iClone7 is giving me plenty for what I need so hope they stick with improving/fixing this one for a deacent amount of time.
Going from iClone6 to 7 so quick was a concern for me but I am glad I did it now.
But I am stating to feel we might as well have monthly payments with auto upgrades the way things are going....and I won't be in on that.
Maybe I am doing an over comparison with that but its getting closer and closer to it in my thinking

i7-3770 3.4GHz CPU 16 GB Ram   
GeForce GTX1080 TI 11GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
genao87
genao87
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Thanks for the response guys.  It is good to hear that Iclone 7 is here to stay for some time. I didn't want to buy it and just a few months later Iclone 8 was introduced.  I guess I have to get pipeline.....is there a coupon code seeing that I have Iclone 6 to lower the price??  I could not find anything on it. 

I see that IRAY render is now available for Iclone??   is it worth it?    More interested in the Faceware and Handware.  So I just install this plugin and it would animate the character's face and hands just by looking at me?   Not talking about the Iphone version.  I dont need any more extra hardware?   

Edited
6 Years Ago by genao87
animagic
animagic
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 32 minutes ago
genao87 (10/29/2018)
Thanks for the response guys.  It is good to hear that Iclone 7 is here to stay for some time. I didn't want to buy it and just a few months later Iclone 8 was introduced.  I guess I have to get pipeline.....is there a coupon code seeing that I have Iclone 6 to lower the price??  I could not find anything on it. 

I see that IRAY render is now available for Iclone??   is it worth it?    More interested in the Faceware.  So I just install this plugin and it would animate the character's face just by looking at me?   Not talking about the Iphone version.  

You would get the so-called member price because you already have iClone 6, so whatever you see after you log into your member account is the price you get. There will be sales at times also. I don't know if they do anything around Black Friday, but it is good to check.

There is only on version of iClone 7 (equivalent to Pro during iClone 6 times), which will include the basic version of CC3. The Pipeline version of CC3 is an extension of that. Pipeline also includes the Iray plugin I believe.

It is worthwhile to study the comparison table and ask further questions: https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/3d-character.html#edition-comparison. I'm sometimes confused also...Unsure

Iray will be available for iClone 7 at a later date (end of the year or so). It is the same plugin as used for CC so it does not require a separate purchase. You can buy it separately or save a bit when bundling with CC3 Pipeline. You could wait on Iray and see the results of those who have it already for when it is available for iClone. You certainly need a powerful PC to use it. Multiple GPUs help as well.

I bought Faceware for an introductory price. It is now quite expensive, I think. I have had fairly good results, using a Logitech 920 webcam. What helped was adding a LED light bar on top of my monitor to improve lighting. 

According to reports here on the the forum the iPhone (which uses FaceShift) gives better results. I don't have it, so maybe others can chime in.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

A couple of things -- when we say "pipeline" here we are referring to the CC3 pipeline, NOT the XChange Pipeline.  Unless you intend to export your stuff back out of iClone into something else, you don't need XChange Pipeline.  But I would highly recommend CC3 Pipeline if you have any Daz stuff (or might buy Daz stuff).  There are a few other things it also does that the free version does not.

And, yes, I have both the Faceware and the iPhone "Faceshift" and the iPhone is far superior.  I don't even use Faceware anymore.  The prices are comparable (Faceware costs as much as buying the iPhone AND the Faceshift) so it's more a matter of which one you prefer (plus you get an iPhone :>Wink  You do not need phone service for that iPhone, and the new ones are a bit less expensive.  You may also be able to use one of the new iPads -- we'll know more on Tuesday when they are announced (they ought to be even cheaper, which makes using one of them a far better solution than Faceware).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
6 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
CC3 Pipeline does not include the Iray plugin, this is a separate purchase - although it is included in a "Bundle" offer that is somewhat cheaper than purchasing both separately.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Reading This Topic