DAZ3D Clothing issues once in iClone

Posted By inash 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
inash
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Once I get the character in character creator 3 and get them setup, they're fine. But once I export the character from CC3 to iClone the skin comes through their clothing once animated.  I could take the same character and import them through 3D Exchange and I don't have the same issues at all.  Anyone know how to fix this?  Or is this just a tech issue we have to wait for them to fix? In the meantime, I'll just use 3D Exchange for characters I want to animate. How very disappointing.  CC3 actually does better with facial bone conversion than 3D Exchange.  The process of exporting a DAZ3D character with all those facial animation morphs to go to 3D Exchange takes forever.  It's a far quicker process to import for animation through CC3...but it just doesn't work. *shrugs*

OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-4930K 3.4 GHZ / MB: ASUS Sabertooth X79 /  RAM: 32GB G-SKILL RIPJAW / HD: 2TB+2TB+3TB  /  SSD: 256 Samsung 860 EVO & 128 Samsung 860 EVO/ 
GPU: GTX 1080 Ti 11GB / COOLER : CORSAIR H75 Liquid Cooler

wires
wires
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Have you added and adjusted collision shapes to the characters in iClone?

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
ilyas.nashid (10/23/2018)
Once I get the character in character creator 3 and get them setup, they're fine. But once I export the character from CC3 to iClone the skin comes through their clothing once animated.  I could take the same character and import them through 3D Exchange and I don't have the same issues at all.  Anyone know how to fix this?  Or is this just a tech issue we have to wait for them to fix? In the meantime, I'll just use 3D Exchange for characters I want to animate. How very disappointing.  CC3 actually does better with facial bone conversion than 3D Exchange.  The process of exporting a DAZ3D character with all those facial animation morphs to go to 3D Exchange takes forever.  It's a far quicker process to import for animation through CC3...but it just doesn't work. *shrugs*

In Character Creator 3 go to Modify > Cloth Layer Settings and click "Auto Hide Mesh". This will hide the skin mesh under close fitting clothing and should stop the skin poking through.

For dresses and other flowing clothing check the collision detection as Wires already mentioned.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
6 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
inash
inash
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

wires (10/23/2018)
Have you added and adjusted collision shapes to the characters in iClone?

Do you mean by conforming with the "calculate collision button" and/or transferring the skin weights? If so, then yes. 

OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-4930K 3.4 GHZ / MB: ASUS Sabertooth X79 /  RAM: 32GB G-SKILL RIPJAW / HD: 2TB+2TB+3TB  /  SSD: 256 Samsung 860 EVO & 128 Samsung 860 EVO/ 

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 hours ago

Do you mean by conforming with the "calculate collision button" and/or transferring the skin weights? If so, then yes. 

No it's not the same thing. Please see the tutorial below. This explains how to setup collision detection in iClone 7. This is needed for clothing like dresses and skirts.

https://youtu.be/eLe-jXjytXI

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

inash
inash
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter (RL) (10/23/2018)

No it's not the same thing. Please see the tutorial below. This explains how to setup collision detection in iClone 7. This is needed for clothing like dresses and skirts.

https://youtu.be/eLe-jXjytXI

Oh thanks but I'm familiar with that,  but I don't usually apply physics to clothing and it works fine through 3D Exchange without the skin poking through. I'm trying to see if there's a method to get the same results as 3D Exchange without adding physics/collision to the clothing. 

Reading This Topic